Mucus Plug?
Ok so I am just nearing the end of week 37 in my pregnancy & got my cervix check for any dilation for the 1st time ( I am only 1cm dilated) but when I got home (sorry if this is gross) I went to the bathroom & when I went to wipe myself clean there was this brown blood all over the tissue, kind of like period blood but old and brown.  I know the baby is ok because she's still kicking the **** out of me and I've been having contractions on and off but I thought they were braxton hicks contractions?  
I just have no idea what is going on and my DR's office is ALREADY closed for the day!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks
The brown spotting may be from the exam. Bloody show is bright red.
If your contractions become regular and last for at least a minute in length...then call L&D. Contractions typically feel a lot more intense than braxton hicks.
You are almost there! Hang in there!
When I was 38 weeks and doctors checked me I started having contractions llater that day due to them checking me. Had my daughter 2 days later. Good luck!