Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
My family and friends

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

My family and friends

I found out I was pregnant yesterday and I couldnt help thinking about my family and friends who are in another state as I recently just moved with my fiance to be closer to his family. How do I share this experience with my family and friends too?
Living away from my family has been one of the hardest things I've ever done. My family is about 2,000 miles away from me, as my husband is from Oregon and I'm from Missouri. We lived in Missouri until my daughter was 18 months. It's tough, but not impossible. Traveling is expensive, but I do it as often as possible. The tears when you leave are tough, but not impossible. Skype has become an important tool in  our relationship.
How far away from your family are you?
My family is in Washington state and im in Colorado
We are in Texas and my hubby's mom is in New Hampshire. Facebook and video chat are the bomb! His mom got to watch as we opened our Christmas presents that morning. She was able to see my daughter's reaction to her big gift from grandma. It was great!
I agree about skype - we told our parents, aunts, etc both times using Skype and it was the next best thing to being in the same room. You can have group voice calls or one-on-one video calls for free but the only group video calls are through a paid subscription. I might be tempted, if you have siblings, or groups of friends, you want to speak with at once, to pay for a paid service for a month.

Or, if you can grab a cheap airfare, my sister actually flew to visit when she lived in California (we live in Utah) to tell me. It was my husband's idea since I was overseas when she found out and called him to tell us, so they hatched a plan for her to visit a couple of weeks later!
hansen20 I didn't gain any weight un... Comment
hansen20 commented on renae176's status
desderius, KeeLolo, Shannon79, and hansen20 commented on KeeLolo's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy