My midwife said I have a VERY soft cervix.... what dose that mean? UPDATE & QUESTION
I went to see my midwife today!  She said that I'm still 1cm and hes not engaged yet.   :-(    She said that my cervix is VERY soft.  What dose that mean?  I'm SOOOOO ready for Elijah to get here.  Anita
It most likely means that it is getting ready to dilate and efface!
I hope so.  I was up late last night.  My lower back was killing me!  I had to sleep sitting up.  Evey time I would lay down my hips, pelvis, "down there", and rectum would hurt.  It was weird.  My midwife said that some woman never know they are in labor.  And BH can feel many different ways.  I hope my little guy comes soon.  Anita
It all sounds very promising. Lots of walking and sex!
I put my hubby on the job already lol!
I just read online that soft is another word that dr's/midwifes use in the place of effacement.   An one web site i found said that its tends to take 12 to 24 hours for labor to begin once the cervix is soft.  Is that true?  
Sounds like you are getting ready!! =) Like Joy said...walk!! and have lots of sex. I had no idea I was in true labor until I hit 8-9 cm! My midwife is like...you are contracting and your dilating...but your still talking and walking like it's nothing! lol. I thought I was crazy....but then toward the end...I knew I was in labor!! =) Can't wait to hear how it all goes for you!! =)
I noticed last night that every time he would kick he would push on my uterus.  It hurt so bad!  I think his head was hitting it.  ( Hes head down.)  When my midwife checked me it hurt.  Is that normal?  sigh... I'm praying it happens this week.  I'm just so tired.... Anita