Aa
A
A
Close
My mom has my pregnancy symptoms
I am pregnant. I have had no morning sickness, but my mom has. Is this possible? Is there a medical term to this?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
"Couvade syndrome" is the term to describe a sympathetic pregnancy experienced by a man - Im not sure if this term can apply to  women though.

Has your mother been to the doctor to rule out a medical cause for her nausea/vomiting?  Dont assume she has sympathetic  "morning sickness" - it could easily be something else.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hi Spade22. She thought she had a virus and so she went to our family physician who says that she doesn't have a virus and that there is nothing else that he can find wrong. She seems to just have morning sickness every morning now. She would never assume. She is way to health contious. Thanks for the term name though. Maybe there is a connection between mothers and daughters? Not sure but I am sure she will find out.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
My daughter is 32 weeks pregnant and living across the country. The pass few days my breasts have become full and nipples painful.  I know this feeling.  It feels just like my milk is about to come in.  Also, I have experienced her bloating and gas.  Her twin sister, who lives with us has felt her nausea and morning sickness along with her emotional ups and downs.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
973741 tn?1342346373
wow!  That's some serious transference!  
Comment
Cancel
My mother and I shared symptoms with both my pregnancies. At the time I ovulated and conceived my twins my mother had ovulation pains  (BTW she had her tubes tied 26 years ago)and mentioned she thinks this may be my month. And she was right, with my oldest her boobs started to swell and leak as if she was ready to start breastfeeding soon and I went into labour. After my daughter was born the pain eased up, so I definitely believe daughters and mothers can share that bond as well as sisters.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
3191940 tn?1447272317
Blank
CurfewX commented on HIV - Risks vs Non-Ri...
1 hr ago
Blank
vind3467 commented on HIV - Risks vs Non-Ri...
6 hrs ago
4769306 tn?1506632630
Blank
KeeLolo commented on KeeLolo's status
12 hrs ago
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy