Natural delivery vs C section
Hi there I'm currently 28weeks pregnant with my second child. My first was a natural birth but ended with a third degree tear. Now with my second pregnancy they have given me a option natural or c section due to having a tear. I also have a slight prolapse which is pregnancy related, I'm unsure whether if pushing will cause the prolapse to worsen and end up with in me having surgery to fix the prolapse, and there is a 7% chance I could tear again.  Also there is a 20% chance I could become incontinent.

But if I opt for a c section it's MAJOR abdominal surgery, I will have support at home but it's a long post op recovery so I have heard.

Shall I risk tearing again? Will I heal better with a 3rd degree tear than a c section?

I'm totally undecided which to choose as both have pros and cons. Please help any advice welcome!
I had a natural birth with no tearing but I have some things I've been told.

(My mom) tore all the way to her butt with my youngest brother and was out for 3 weeks, and told to be less active for 12 and no sex for 16. He was her only tear out of 5 kids.
(My friend) had a C-section scheduled because she was more scared of pushing than surgery. Was out for 6 and said she would do it again if she ever had another.
(Another friend) had been recommended c-section because she was 16 and they were scared her body couldn't handle it, but went into labor 2 days before scheduled and it went too fast she tore but not to bad and said she'd probably go natural again.

I don't know if these will help you or not but it's a couple perspectives and they might. Good luck.
Why dont they cut u instead of letting u tear ? Then stich it back up?
I had a third degree tear as well with my daughter who weighed just over 9lbs. The midwife did snip me so I guess not so much a "tear". But I got snipped from one hole to the next. I will say that for me it wasn't as bad healing wise as I would of thought. Aside from the occasional "burning" after going to the bathroom I was fine. I think I would rather take that over an actual csection if I had a choice. I am due with my 2nd daughter on may 6th and I don't even think about tearing anymore. I know I have big babies so I know more than likely it's gonna happen again. Nothing I can do..lol good luck on your decision. Just do what you think is best.
I had a planned c-section with my first due to low lying placenta. Had a great recovery and walking for an hour with a pram by the end of the week and exercising fully by 12 weeks. Very faint scar after about 6 months. Lifting/bending is painful for a few weeks but my recovery was faster than some friends who had vaginal births, and everything down stairs appears unchanged! I'm going c-sec again for this pregnancy for similar issues. Obviously no one would choose major surgery as a preference but if the risks are there vaginally than you may risk an emergency c-sec anyway which seems to have longer recovery. Good luck with the decision and the birth.
The best info you can get about this is on Netflix watch The Business of Being Born it is very informative and will help you make your decision and can also give you ways to avoid tearing