Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Natural ways to get baby out!

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Natural ways to get baby out!

Please help ladies! I'm a day past my due date and I am so uncomfortable. I really can't stand it anymore. My knees hurt so bad it feels like they're breaking. I'm so anxious to meet my baby boy.

This is what I have been doing so far-
lots of sex & nipple stimulation
red raspberry leaf tea
walking
lunges and pelvic rocking back and forth
bumpy car rides...

any other ideas? what worked for you??
Well, you covered my ideas!  Sexercise and walking.....hmmm, I dont know, but good luck to you!!
my mom always told me that when she was due she would always drink like hot tea, and it usually starts to get you crampy and stuff.
This may sound disgusting, but I was checked on sat and told my cervix was 1 1/2cm and it wouldnt stretch at all the RN told me I wasnt close to delivery.  The very next day I started trying to have a bowel movement and I noticed the more I pushed the more contractions I would have.  When I got to L&D on Sun...They told me I was 2cm.  I went to the restroom and started pushing even more while trying to have a #2and when she checked me an hour later I was 4.  Try that and see what happens.  I took a small piece of exlax to get my bowels moving!  sorry if its TMI but it worked.
I have a friend whose mid wife advised her to drink castor oil... she went into labor the next day.  But, who knows if she would have anyway... just another idea!
At your next appointment, if you're dilated, ask them to strip your membranes. They may do it anyway, without even telling you, but ask! This USUALLY sends women into labor within 24 hours. Worked with me both times.

Sorry you're uncomfortable!!! Sometimes when you just sit, relax, and take a nice warm bubble bath (no bubbles or products if you've started to dilate) and just RELAX that also can put you into labor. Some women go into labor if they check off that last thing on the To Do list or if they eat some good ol' home cookin'!
I've heard of using caster oil and the ladies having success...  Good luck!
I wouldn't use the castor oil, I heard it wasn't safe to do and could lead to more issues.  I would just recommend continuing to do what you're doing.  It could be any day now.  I know how frustrating it is, I went a week past my due date and had to be induced.  My little man did not want to come out.
a) Castor Oil CAN cause ill effects...I know of a woman recently who took it and now she has hemmerhoids and she's STILL pregnatn
b) bouncing on a birthing ball can help
c) I agree with Joy about having your membranes stripped...she said generally within 24 hours...for me it took 4 days but it worked.
d) i'm not a big advocate of herbal things...most especially if it's something you haven't taken pre-pregnancy becuase you don't know how your body will react to it.  

Continue walking, sex, nipple stimulation...try some spicy food..I also agree with prayerful wife about getting your bowels going...the contracting in your bowels may help to stimulate something to get things goin.   Good luck!!
thanks for the advice. I've been having BMs like 3 or 4 times a day for the past couple of days! My DR said its because my body is cleansing itself for labor..

I probably won't try the castor oil. I've heard mixed things about it- including bad diherrea (I can never spell that!)

The birthing ball is a good idea. I'm going to try ALL day today. I really hope something starts happening. I have an appointment at 5 pm and I'll update if I'm dilating. Cross your fingers!
Yeah Castor oil is a bad idea, not only can it give mom the runs, but it makes the risk for meconium very high which is something that can cause serious respritory issues in babies if the meconium is inhaled.

Squats can work, they help move the babies head down into position in the birth canal. Make sure to hold onto something if attempting the squats, gravity always made me *fall over* lol.

I dont trust herbal stuff, and some herbal stuff can be blood thinners which increases your risk in being able to clot if you were to tear or ultimatly have a c-section. Some of it can even cause strokes. I was told to make sure to read the sid effects of all ingrediants, not only are those side effects going to bother you, but it is likely baby will have the same side effects, besides vomitting, I dont think babies can vomit in utero.

Lots of brisk walking, not your routine walk around the block, but put some umph into it lol. I know it may be hard to do but thats something my doc told me may help.

You can go into labor by dehydration, even though I DO NOT reccomend that, but if you are dehydrated it can cause contractions. The reason castor oil works is because when you have diahreah( i cant spell it either) lol it causes your intestines to contract when having a bowel movement, and the contractions of the intestine can cause severe irritation on your uterine muscles causing them to contract as well.

I've heard of a warm bath with a cup or two of epson salt, helps relax your muscles and make you feel better.  Also, there's no harm to the baby.
YOU STILL HAVEN'T HAD THAT BABY YET?!?!?!?!?!  good luck w/ getting things going...  i hope it happens soon!
Sorry about the caster oil suggestion... I never knew that there were ill effects from it besides it giving you diareah
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 26 weeks, feeling blessed a... Comment
KeeLolo commented on photo
Sep 28
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy