Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Nipples are darker than usual and tender breasts

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

This morning I noticed that my nipples are a lot darker than usual.  I asked a friend about it and she said that she sometimes experiences this right before her period.  I've never experienced this as far as I have noticed.  I know that it can also be a early sign of pregnancy.  Besides pregnancy and periods, is there anything else that could cause this?  I am 19 years old, married and on the pill, but have missed a couple of pills recently. Lately, I've been very exhausted and bloated, and my breasts are very tender and appear to be bigger/swollen.  I have always experienced tender and swollen breasts right before a period, but I don't start again for another 3 weeks almost.  2 months ago I was a day late on my period and this past month I was a week early?  The last period was very different than usual, the day before I started I was spotting and then the next day (the day of) it was very light and lasted maybe 2/3 days, but it was extremely light the whole time.  Other than that, I have been producing a lot more discharge than normal and have been nauseous.   I have been experiencing a lot more nausea in the past few months so I haven't really thought anything of that.  I took a pregnancy test after my last period and it was negative, but I know the at-home tests aren't always very accurate.  I appreciate any help anyone can give me.
You could always get a blood pregnancy test.  That will detect any amount of hcg.  Also, it could just be something with the pill and if you've missed a few, that could do it also.  The pill can create pregnancy symptoms as well because it's supposed to trick your body into thinking it's pregnant.
You are correct.  That is an early sign of pregnancy.  The bumps on the areola (colored area round the actural nipple) become much more pronounced also.  They look almost like pimples that are the same color as your areola itself.  I've read that you can even have this before you miss your period.  You could be pregnant but if you aren't suppose to start for another 3 weeks, it will be a while before you are able to test again.  The urine tests they give at the doctors office are pretty much equivilent to the HPT.  However, they can draw blood at the doctors office and could probably give you an answer sooner than you could test at home.  It may be worth it to call your doctor and make an appt.  I have never had the nipple thing happen to me unless I was pregnant.  I have had slightly tender breasts but not the other.
carlynicholebaker6565 uploaded a new photo
1 hr ago
OctoberMommy2014, and Hollus commented on cowgirlup249's status
specialmom, and Hollus commented on Sheaby's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy