Nitrofurantoin MCR 100 MG CMYL
Well, I'm in my first trimester and I have a urinary track infection, and a doctor at a hospital prescribed me Nitrofurantoin 100 mg , 4 times a day, of course the side effects are worse in me, I guess because of my pregnancy, but I need to know if it's really safe for my baby, I'm not having any problems in my pregnancy, and I don't have any spotting, thanks God. But I had a miscarriage before and I'm very concerned about any pills doctors make me take.
I had uti's my first pregnancy. Chronically. I had one every time that I went to the doc. I took those antibiotics pretty much the whole time I was pregnant. I have a healthy six year old now. If you have serious concerns about the medication I would make an appointment or call and ask your ob/gyn. When all else fails, you can't go wrong with a professional opinion!
my doctor told me that you can't take that antibiotic while you are pregnant.  It's not a safe drug for the baby.  I have had numerous UTI's over the last year and she told me that if I am pregnant and I get a UTI they have to find a different antibiotic that is safe to take. I just saw the doctor on Wed.