No Period After Mirena Removal
Hi!, After 3 months of using Mirena I got it removed (didn't like it at al)  April 18th, on the 20th I got what it seemed like a period that last 3 days, I have had unprotected sex a couple times since then. I have't got my period yet, I took 3 diferent ptest and they were all negative. Before Mirena I always had short cycles and was never late, during mirena no periods whatsoever. Could I be pregnant and test negative? Any other reason for the missing period?  Thank you!
I had my period during my mirena removal after that I bled for 4 day d do I count dis as a period? I had
sex before and after mirena could I be pregnant soon?
I just had the mirena removed due to headaches and other issues. I did have unprotected sex the night before I had it taken out. Could I get pregnant due to the fact the sperm can live inside the body for a certain amount of time?
hi my name is ana i had the mirena taken out 9/01/2010 after a 1 yr and 1/2. i got a full blown period after removal and got it again 09/29/2010...... i was suppose to get it again 10/27/2010 according to the ovulation calender online but havent got it yet by the way i had intercourse 10/18-10/20-1024-10/26 and 10/28 lol can i be pregnant oh and i had one little brown spot on 11/05/2010 i took like 4 pergnancy test and they all came back negative can i be prego?
I got off it in July. Two weeks before I had a short period, the only one I ever had while on the Mirena (almost 2 years). It took me 5 months to have a period. And this is the worst period I have ever had.....VERY HEAVY.
i had my iud taken out about a month ago...i had some spotting shortly after...then nothing...and just 4 days go spotting again but only for the day...i have took pregnancy test but all neg...but im having cramps and cravings like i did with all 5 of my other pregnancys....im baffled......
I got the mirena removed 7 moths ago and only had 3 periods. now here I am tryin to conceive and I'm 2 mths late and have taken many preg test but all negative and I keep having preg symptoms! Can anyone help me out and tellin me if I'm ever gonna get my one more baby?
I got my mirena removed last yr in early october I started to bleed the next day heavy then no period november or dec then jan 18 I got one it lasted bout 2-3 days then I didn't get none for feb and now its almost time for me to have another one. Could I be pregnant? Wat should I do?
hi i have my mirena remove march 24th i had a normal light period for 5 days i didnt not have a period for april i do fell feel cramps and my breast somtime feel sore but my period has not came jus yet..i took 3 test and all negitive..so wat do u think is my body jus tryin to get use to be back to normal? w my daugther i got a postive afte i was 10 days late on my period..so am not sure wat to think rite now
I got my mirena out on 6/22/11 and had only one day of very light bleeding. I have to kids from a diff realionship and one step daughter. My soon to be husband and I want to have a baby to complete our family. I need to know what is going on inside my body. I feel that the dr should have told us all that this might happen when we got the Mirena taken out.
Im in the same boat..i had mine removed march 10, 2011..i had a strong period that hit end of march and lasted about 3-4 days..i havent had one since! I gained some weight..tired early at night..im kinda nasious in the mornimg but not super bad..and there are foods I cant even look at withput feeling sick..should I take a test? Could I be pregnant? I could really use some help/advice...
mmm interesting. thinking i might call my dr and see about getting on a low dose pill to regulate myself (or even get a period) grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had my mirena off the first week of june and started bleeding for a week. It is now the last week of August and still no signs of my period. Im trying to get get pregnant but all my tests have been negative. Don't know whats going on but all doctors will tell you is that its ok. My period has always been irregular even before the mirena so i don't know what to expect. i guess i just need to wait...
Have any of you ladies from previous post got in pregers yet?!?! If so how long did it take? Help give some of ladies a sign for hope:)
I got the mirena after my first baby i had for about a year and  a half and the when the doctor checked it they noticed that it was coming out so they took it out with in a month of getting it out me and my hubby wanted to have another baby i got pregnant on the first try (so if your trying there is hope!) then after baby number two i got the mirena put in again after about 2 and a half years later i got it taken out due to moodiness weight gain and head ache and constantly being on my period i had gotten off my period 2 days before i had gotten it removed and then i had spotting again for about 4 days it has now been a month since i have gotten it removed i have been cramping like i am about to start my cycle for about two weeks but nothing yet i have been using condoms except for once and i got the day after pill and still nothing.
I suppose my story/question is a little different than the rest of all of yours. I had my first and only son March 5th, and had Mirena put in six weeks later. After my body adjusted to the hormones my flow stopped completely. I hadn't had a period for two months. It was very nice, although come to find out my partner was still able to feel the threads and would cut him during intercourse and I bled every single time afterward. I saw my Dr. and come to find out my IUD was holding on by just the arm piece. Unfortunately for me, I had to have it removed. During the time I had it in place, my partner and I had been having unprotected sex thinking that the IUD was correctly in place with nothing to worry about. Now, however, I am worried. I got it removed on September 22, and now three weeks later I still have had no period. Not even a little spotting after it was removed. I'm not trying to get pregnant. I'm 21 years old and my baby boy was my surprise pregnancy while on the NuvaRing. I've taken two tests which both have given negative test results. I know that it could take two to three months before I have a regular cycle, but I am wondering if its normal for me to not have even spotted after the IUD was removed, and if I should get a blood test done to confirm pregnancy.

Help?
Hi, I had my Mirena removed on July 25. 2011 and have barely started a real period on 10/13/2011. I want to start trying to conceive next spring and I just wanted to share some information with you all that I found.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=53641

Thanks!!!
My mirena came out after a weight loss of 26lbs a week later AF came
lasted almost 2 weeks and was so bad. It is now 8 weeks later and still no AF I feal so pregnant .This is how I felt with my 4 pregnancys. Nausea ,fatigue , insomnia, light headed nasal conjestion.After four pg test and one blood test still negative. Wish I would either start or find out. There are so many symptoms I cant list would swear im pg but the testsay otherwise.
I had the same thing going on with me I had my mirena taken out on November 29,2011 had a period. just waiting a few weeks before I take a test to make sure i give it enough time to do its procedure. I am ttc and hoping for it to happen before christmas thats what I want for christmas is to find out im having another baby. Good luck and baby dust to everyone ttc
can anyone help me. I had my mirena taken out November 15 and was not told that I should start my new pill pack right away. I had mirena removed due to ongoing development of ovarian cysts that were really painful, fatigue, nausea, cramping 24/7, etc, etc, etc...... It is December 2 and still no AF. This is so frustrating and I don't know what to do. I took a pregnancy test and it came up negative. I am not even spotting one bit. This is freaking me out because I already have a two year old boy who I got pregnant with on the pill. Also I am a fulltime college student and work full time. I can't have another baby right now. can anyone help me? how long will it take for my period to come back so i can start my new pill pack? I've heart of people not getting their cycle till a year later. if so, what do i do about birth control?
Had mine removed nov 23 had period the 25 lasted 4 days and still haven't had one took test but says neg could I be prego and not read yet or just mirena
Hi Everyone.  I am new to this.  First off I have been pregnant 5 times.  I have 3 healthy boys, one little angel in heaven my daughter, and i had one miscarriage at 6-7 weeks.  My first two pregnancies were healthy and normal both delivered via c section.  Then after my 2nd child was born, my new fiance and i unexpectedly conceived a child.  It was a girl!!!!!  Well at 36 1/2 weeks we lost her to true knots in her umbilical cord.  We waited a little over 5 months to start trying again after her delivery.  I suppose due to severe depression my cycles stopped so trying was hard.  Dr. ended up putting me on Avandia and clomid.  We conceived the 2nd month of trying and miscarried at 6 or 7 weeks.  A few days after that I got a call my Dad was dying so I had to fly out of town.  2 weeks later my dad passed away and my husband flew in.  We had intercourse that night and again in the morning not thinking about the possibility of pregnancy.  I was sad and heart broken and i just wanted to be with my husband.  2 weeks later I realized it had been a month since my miscarriage and should be expecting a period.  no period just dizziness and alot of cramping with no show of blood.  So i tested and i was pregnant!  Our son was born this past april.  I had mirena placed in june and only had two periods after.  one short one long.  then nothing.  Still havent cycled since.  I am now trying to plan when to have it removed in hopes of conceiving sometime this summer or next year.  I really want to conceive this year.  After reading alot of these blogs I am soooo scared I messed up by having the mirena placed in the first place.  I want a girl next time.  I planned on trying using methods my dr has taught me and i have done alot of research on and that requires me pinpointing ovulation but it sounds like thats just about gonna be impossible.  Any advise?  Should i have it removed now and take bc pills til we want to try? or what?
i had the marina coil out today after just 8 week of having it i hated it it gave me back ache for some reson and my periods were so messed up and i had alot of pain in my stomach with it ,, i would never recomend it to anyone and so pleased its gone!!!!!!  
I had mirena for 6 years with no periods and have had it removed 5 weeks ago and still no period, me and my partner are ttc but ive done 3 hpt and thyve all came back negative! What is going on please help!
When I got pregnant with my daughter I was 21 yrs old,and ON the Depo birthcontrol shot.and I so did not want to become prego.so I also used condoms too!? Somehow in spite of the precautions that I took not to become pregnant, I somehow fell into that 1% chance. After having my daughter, I got the Mirena IUD put in. Ive had it in now for about four years.I havent really had any problems with it at all and have not had any bleeding at all either...UNTIL last friday! omg I had Sharp pain (did not feel like a cramp!) in the center of my uterus in the middle of the night, the pain was so bad and kept me up all night.the only thing that took the pain away the next day was vicodin. This comming friday I finally have an appointment with my doctor to discuss having my Mirena removed because my husband and I are ready to have our 2nd child and our daughter is turning 5 in September. I am hoping that since I was able to somehow become prego.while on Depo shot/with condoms, that I can become pregnant shortly after getting Mirena removed!
Oh! I would also like to add that before I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, I did have light  bleeding,so I thought noo theres no way. And had no morning sickness either. But I took quite a few different pregnancy tests that all came back negative.I didnt find out that I was pregnant until I went into to the doctors for my monthly Depo shot.They took a blood test and a while later I got a phone call saying I was 2 months pregnant!?! I was so so shocked you know?..I told the lady no no theres no way! she responded with I know this is a bit of a shock for you but take a deep breathe and let the news sink in,ok honey.have a nice day.
I had my iud removed 8/3/12....gyn said my pd should return that very day and it didn't...I had some brownish d/c dor 3 days and that was it..I took a hpt 8/17 and it came back negative...My pd still hasnt returned and im not having any symptoms not even PMS...
I had the Mirena for 2 years before my last child. I had it removed in late August 2009, had no period until early October and confirmed pregnancy on Oct 31st. My daughter is 2 now and I had the Mirena put in right at 6-8 weeks postpartum. I got it taken out this Aug 26th, we are TTC our last one and I did have a 1/2 day of bleeding 5 days after removal. I guess it must not have been a period, but maybe withdrawal from the Mirena removal? No one knows. I am feeling frustrated, but am grateful to have found this forum.
I have been waiting for a period, since 3 HPT have come up negative.
I have 4 children and all conceived the very first month of trying except the 4th, post-Mirena. She was conceived after a total of 6 weeks of trying.
I am still waiting for my period and now that I am 37, I am slightly more worried about conception. I have been so blessed in the past to conceive quickly. Unfortunately, I am not patient.
Hopefully, my period will return and I will ovulate, so we can have our last little one.
Thanks, ladies for sharing your experiences. It really helps me to not feel alone! My husband, obviously, loves the TTC part, so he doesn't care how long it takes, etc. I think women feel more pressure when TTC.
I hope this can give some of you some hope, even for myself! I really don't think the Mirena influences anything but short-term fertility, based upon my own experience, but it may take a bit to return to normal.
Best wishes to all of you!
I got the mirena right after my second child was born. Hadn't had sex in 7 months and when I did it came out. I had the mirena in for a month before it came out and the whole time it was in I did nothing but bleed. I have not bled since the day it came out. I haven't bled in 3 months now and am concerned I'm pregnant. I have taken 2 pts and they both say negative. I just don't inderstand what's going on with my body I feel like I'm pragnant, I'm gaining weight, headaches daily, but no morning sickness. Has anyone had the same problem and not had a period for 3months?
Had the iud out for almost seven months had a period for a week then stopped for two months got it again for a week and ever since then no period and took ptest and all negative is that normal
I had the Mirena in for a year and a month and I got my period the day after it was removed. I had 3 periods before I got pregnant. I had no periods at all during The Mirena. Everyone's body reacts differently to it.
I had my Mirena removed on Oct 3, on Oct. 5th I had what seemed to be a normal period, I bled heavily and was cramping as well as if it was a normal period..I had unprotected sex about 4days before my removal, and the.day after, I still haven't seen my period since.after I had it removed, none the less I had a regular period while on the Mirena...could I be pregnant already??
I had my mirena taken out september 30th, have not had a period or spotting, or any signs of a period. I didnt have a period while i was on it at all, i had it put in 12-7-11, im a little concerned. i called my doctors office several times but they just keep blowing me off like nothing is wrong. has anyone had or heard of this happening to anyone? i just dont think its all to normal.
Same issue here, I had mine removed 11/20 and nothing. According to my Dr. I was fertile the day it was taken out. I had some minor spotting at first, but that was it.

Nada, zippo, zilch, zero.... I have not had any babies before, so I really don't know what to expect.

It has me on edge, wondering and waiting....
i also am having the exact same issues. i had the mirena taken out Dec 5, 2012 and had very rough bleeding for a week or so. after 3 years no period i felt like i would die lol. i usually have very unusual periods but it is jan 7 and i haven't had anything yet. i took 2 test and they said negative but i too feel pregnant. i am ttc with my second but this is stressing me out. how long does it take and were any of you pregnant or was it the mirena????
i know it has been a while but i too am having the symptoms and issues you posted and was wondering how it went and all so maybe i can pinpoint my symptoms and i only had one period right after removal and it is a month later and no period of anything????? thank you for your time
i know it is 2013 but i was wondering what happened were you pregnant i feel like you felt then lol????????????
i was wondering what happened b/c i feel and am now dealing with the same????????/
Please help I had my mirena removed feb 7 & started my period on feb 7 that last 7 days! This was normal b4 mirena & since it was removed the exact date of my usual cycle I thought it was my cycle & it was back normal. Today is march 9th I'm 2 days late, smells make me sick, I ate a pickle after 6 yrs, i have to keep something in my mouth saliva makes me sick, lightly cramping!... Could I be pregnant ?
Hello I'm new to this site and I had the Lorena about 8 months.I got it taken out feb28,2013.Ok I haven't had a period yet but took 2 pregnancy test and they both was negative.But I'm having morning sickness and very tired.And when I was on the mirena I was still having periods.So now I'm stuck and don't no wat to think.
I had the mirena for about 3 years and been off of it for about 3 months the whole time on mirena i had no period at all and still haven't had one and i want to conceive do i have to wait until i have a period to get pregnant?? Keep in mind before mirena i was on the depo shot for a year and a half and had no period the whole time.do any of toy ladys know how long it takes before i have a period again???
-thanks Angie:)
Hi, I'm very much the same as most of you, it's driving me insane already, it's only Been  five weeks since I had the coil removed, I had light bleeding 2 days after for approx 5 days then 2 weeks later I had the same again but I wouldn't say either of these were periods, since then if had alot of pregnancy symptoms Inc extreme bloating, it's horrendous, a test was negative this morning, I believe just im not pregnant, but from what I can gather is that the coil must trick our bodies somehow in to believing we are pregnant, this sounds crazy but it's not the only explanation as none of us are actually pregnant!
Yes the hormones it releases make the body seem pregnant so you won't ovulate. I was perfectly healthy before mirena, i had it removed in december and haven't had a period since. But i am pregnant. After mirena i have found out I have PCOS and Premature Ovarian Failure. I do believe the mirena is responsible.
Oh gosh, that's awful for you, I'm sorry, I'm glad your pregnant tho, for me it's only been five weeks so I as m trying to be patient with it all but all these symptoms are awful especially when they are "fake"
Did you ever get your pierod, or end up pregnant its been 5 weeks for me and I can't handle this anymore. I'm seriously so sick all the time its affecting my work life and social life. I hate mirena
I have not had my pierod yet and its been just over a month. How long did it take you ladies with all these symoptoms to start, have any of you gotten pregnant yet any help would be great
I didn't have the Mirena. But I had the implanon in my arm for 3 years and it was time to remove and/or renew. But I didn't immediately renew as I was considering the 12 year version instead of 3 again. Anyway, my doctor told me not to expect a period because it wasnt a sure thing. She told me that estrogen could stay in my body for 1 minute or 1 year. I took it off May of this year and I conceived in June! And I'm 4 months pregnant with a baby girl. And I found out I was pregnant at 2 months. I have had no symptoms up to this day. I don't even feel pregnant. I just wasnt expecting a period that it wasnt a big deal until it was too late to get on BC for 12 years lol  
But when I removed the birth control I had a brown discharge for about 3 days almost 2 weeks after it came off. So dont expect a period soon. Like my doctor said 1 minute to 1 year. Just play it safe in the meantime.
So you never had a pierod before finding out you were pregnant!!! Sorry if thats personal I am trying to have a baby and had the mierana out and still no pierod but hoping Im still ovulating.
I had the mirena removed in april 2013 and now its almost november 2013 and still no period. Only recently my stomach feels weird and my nipples are extremly sensitive (almost painful). with my first son I took tests and they all said negative. It wasnt until I got a blood test that said I was pregnant and also found out I was 4 months pregnant. Im worried. Should I go get a blood test or is this normal after the removal of the mirena??
I was late removing the mirena I had it in me for 7 years my doctor left and after that I had trouble getting a new doctor.  I have had my mirena put now for a full year now and my periods have not normalized and I am not pregnant or close menopause.  By not normalizing I mean when I do have one it is less than a day long.  I don't know what to think I am worried to because I do want to have a baby.