No amniotic fluid 17 weeks and the doctors see enlarged kidneys and empty bladder
Hello. I see most women with little to no fluid hace had their water break. I have not and I have been told that the kidneys are enlarged and bright and they don't see any fluid in the bladder and to terminate. I am now 19 weeks pregnant and baby still has a good heartbeat but now the doctor thinks he may have a hole in it bc the heart rate goes up and down during bc a 30 min scan he did and says it's shaped abnormal. My husband keeps saying this is not our decision to make and to let this pregnancy take its course but I am leaning towards a D&E bc I do not want to go through labor and delivery like I did 4 years ago with a baby at 15 weeks I lost due to low progesterone is what the doctors think now. But when it happened, nobody could tell me any answers. My body just naturally went into labor. I read about how some women can replenish their water but if mine is low due to non functioning organs , what hope do I have in letting nature take its course and waiting this out. This was an IVF pregnancy that I had all the embryos biopsied and this one that was transferred was a boy and said to be PERFECT and here I am 19 weeks later, questioning if I should show up to my D&E appt in 2 days. Does anyone have any thoughts on this ?
If there's a strong heartbeat I wouldn't touch that sweet baby. At 25 weeks they can give you steroid shots and if the baby is born soon after there's still a great chance of survival. You've already made it almost half a full term, stay positive!
Oh my gosh, I'm so sad to read this.  How painful for you.  I don't know what the best answer is.  They are clearly saying that major abnormalities are being seen and that the baby may not be born able to live.  Are they trying to spare you this pain?  I personally had nothing but general ultrasounds done with no further testing because I was ready to deal with whatever happened.  But this isn't always the right decision either.  Had I delivered a baby that would be expected to not live long, have such significant issues that it would require massive expense and care to survive a few days or worse, live in pain or suffer due to the physical issues---  I don't know.  I'm not sure that I would be able to do that either if that was what they were telling me.  Are their findings confirmed?  Can you get a second opinion?  Are you told what the future would hold for the baby if they are correct about what they've found?  I think you have every right to further question.  I don't believe doctors recommend termination at 19 weeks unless they see a grave situation.  Which is so heartbreaking and I'm so sorry.  But you have the right to further question and get more information to make your decision.  Because it is a big decision.  

I am again so very sorry to hear this and especially since you've had a late pregnancy loss already in your life.  hugs
If baby has a strong heart beat I would definitely go forward with it because they can give steroid shots. God bless you honey sorry your going through this
Sorry you guys are going through this. But God has the final say so! Pray and leave it to God. I say keep the baby. Doctors may not always have the right answer
I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing something like this, I had the same issue with my baby boy just a little over a year ago. I went to the doctor and they told me the same thing they are telling you. I found this out at 20 weeks pregnant which for me there wasn't any hope but for you there is hope they have so many different ways that they can help you. Just continue to be strong and know it's not going to be easy but they can help you and please take your vitamins it also help. Try not to stress to make the baby come early.
I'd wait it out if baby's heart is strong.