No fasting for glucose test
My doctor ordered my glucose test for the week of halloween, and he said I don't need to fast, just not eat anything sugary, I'm a little worried about that because I had to fast with my son's, and I don't want to throw it off with something I eat, should I fast after midnight anyway, and go in early for my test?
You should do what your dr says. I had to fast twice and with my last I did not. Every dr does it differently
I just scheduled mine and the Dr said to fast. but this is also not ur first pregnancy...so I think u should fast to b on the safe side.
They will prolly ask you what all you ate and at what time. Thats how they did me, however I was suppose to fast they still asked. They can get a better result with knowing what you've ate.
I was thinking the same, it's not like it should throw it off at all, but I'm worried anything I eat will throw it off and I'll stress out unnecessarily. I'll just fast after midnight and go in around 9 so I'm not starving all day, haha! I'm seeing a new OB than I did with my son, so that's why it's different, but I'd prefer to do it that way!
Nevermind, I just called the lab to ask about it and they said do NOT fast so it's more accurate when I do take the test, so I'll just watch out for anything majorly sugary that morning, thanks ladies!!
I've never had to fast for all three of my pregnancies. Just watch watch what you eat!
I would fast they told me not to sso i ate and failed so i had to take the 3 hour test trust me u dont want that one
They told me the same thing went in for test came back high had to get the 3hour test came back normal i had to have that 3hour test twice i would eat eggs and a meat no bread or sugary drinks have water or something
I was told not to fast both times. With my dd I could only hold down a cracker, so I didn't really eat. I passed my test. This time I plan on eating an egg sandwich. I go next week, so I'll let you know how it goes. Lol.
I had to fast my last time, too, but I had a different OB. I don't plan on eating anything at all with sugar in it that morning, haha! Good thing I'm going the day before halloween! Let me know how it goes Nicole, and hopefully you pass it!!