Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
No fetal heartbeat!?!?!

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

No fetal heartbeat!?!?!

I usually have a period at the end of the month. October was a crazy month with a lot going on and dont remember when my period was but am sure it was twards the end. Nov. i didnt have one. Dec 6th I took a home pregnanct test and it was positive. Dec 17th I went to the doc. When he did the physical exam he said I was very early! Because I mentioned over the phone I was felt worried and wanted to hear a heart beat; he said he would do a transvaginal u/s. During the transvaginal he could not find a heart beat. he called another doc in and she could not either. I remember them discussinf that the saw a yolk sac but i was so emotional i nver comfirmed what i heard. regardless they told me there is no heart beat and that i am either 5 weeks or less or its not a viable pregnancy. they did blood work to test my hgc levels and I go back tomorrow (the 21st) to have the hgc tested again. if they are the same or dropping they says its bad news; the good news would be that they have gone up. but i wont get results till wed.
I am so freaked out and confused! what would you think? is there hope?
(I have a 3yr old son. that pregnancy and labor was 100% perfect!)
That early on you wouldn't hear a HB! Where are doctors getting their medical licenses these days? It doesn't mean your pregnancy isn't viable at this point because it is so early. There most definitely IS still hope!
Joy is right, it is too early to hear a heartbeat.
Joy definattly said it, where do they get their licenses??????? oh my, Doctors are probably the reason women have miscarriages and all.............. that is WAY to early to see soething, let alone hear something. i heard my (1st)babies heartbeat at about 9 wks........
Thank you fro all your responses and advice! You have all made my day much easier and brighter!!! Ill be sure to update, hopefully tomorrow when I have some answers from the blood work.
THANK YOU!
KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
KTowne, and Shannon79 commented on Belle313's status
Shannon79 commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy