Not that excited. Anyone else?
This is my second pregnancy in the first one went fine. I had severe postpartum after my first pregnancy that lasted about seven months but I'm completely fine now. My son is almost 2 years old. I was diagnosed with endometriosis over a year ago and was put on birth control to help with the pain. When me and my husband decided to try again for a second child in January. I stopped taking my birth control but my period never returned. After a lot of tears and talking to doctors they were not sure when and if my period Would return. Or if and when I'd be able to have another child. I had an ultrasound 5 weeks ago where they noticed that I was ovulating, and was told to try even harder,three days ago I found out that I am in fact pregnant!!! which is amazing news. With all the stress that I've gone through I thought I would be much more excited but find myself more concerned than anything. Can anybody relate?
Congratulations!!  That is exciting news!  Worry/anxiety is common in pregnancy.  But since you have a history of postpartum, you really need to express what is going on with your doctor.  The likelihood that you will suffer depression and anxiety again during pregnancy and after is high.  Your doctor will talk to you about this and ways to combat this naturally and possibly with medication.  again, congrats and good luck. STay in touch!!
Thank you. I told my family so im starting to feel excited. The only problem is at my last doctors soon as I told them I had a positive home pregnancy test they had me come in and do a blood test that day. But when I called my new doctor after they told me that they don't do blood tests until the first 6 week appointment just to see exactly how high your levels are. I know they would do a blood test right now if there was any doubt to them that I was pregnant but it still makes me worry. I have severe anxiety and OCD so it's driving me insane noy having that blood test saying yes you are definitely pregnant. Even though my breasts hurt so bad and I'm throwing up just like last time
Yea I I'm on the same boat...Never thought someone else would feel the same...My first pregnancy wen fine but had post partum depression pretty bad for about 1.5 after my son and then last year ended up getting pregnant with #2 but had a miscarriage and then an etopic right after gave some time and then me and fiance started trying again no luck went thru alot alot of emotional rollercoasters ui completely gave up on having another child 2months ago and last week I went to hospital for bad abdominal pain and found out I was 8wks at the time I cried in the hospital I was happy but then it hit me the next day now going through an emotional rollercoaster again and having trouble figuring out how I really really feel about my new baby coming I'm excited but another part is scared and worried since I'm only 23 and baby #2 is coming pretty soon
I was a single mom with my first pregnancy , but I did suffer with depression after I had my daughter. My daughters 2.5 Me and my husband were trying for baby #2 and I'm now 28W with a lil boy but I dont have the excitement? I'm just in a blehh kind of mood with no emotion?. I mean I have emotion lol I'm always irritated with EVERYTHING and it drives myself nuts..but I just try not to let anything get to me cause I know pregnancy hormones have alot to do with it. I'm just hoping I dont suffer with depression again once he's born.
I can relate, however my only child was stillborn at 38 weeks in 2015.  So i have a good reason not to be excited. The fear of lossing this baby too is just to strong. Im excited of the thought I could have a born baby this year but its still in my mind i might not :( i agree with others. Since u already knownthe severity of your ppd, talk to your dr. He can prescribe something immediately after birth.
Congratulations on your new pregnancy, what a gift to have a rainbow baby! And my condolences on your loss. I definitely am going to talk to my doctor with how bad my PPD was last time. But my biggest fear is after 8 months of having it last time I just eventually stop talking about it feeling as though I would never fully recover. My doctors refuse to give me anything they said I should just exercise more to help my hormones.