OT: ***Infants and Childrens Tylenol Recall***
There has been a recall of certain Infants and Childrens Tylenol.  You can get more info at the following link: www . tylenol.com/page.jhtml?id=tylenol/news/subpchildinfantnews. inc (take out the spaces).  Also there is even more info at McNeil Consumer Healthcare that states that the Tylenol may have been exposed Burkholderia cepacia (B. cepacia) bacteria.  Just wanted to let you guys know, bc I know my son has recently taken Tylenol for a low grade fever he had with his 2 month shots and his first cold.
It's only for certain ones and they were made in 2008. So if you have any from '08 throw it out. This makes me NEVER want to buy medication again. EVERYTHING has something in it and it's really starting to irritate me that I cannot trust pharmaceuticals to create a safe product for me or for my children. *vent over*
P.S. It also states that Tylenol Meltaways are NOT on the list.
ARGH!  I agree with Joy's vent!  
Jeeze what's with all the recalls this year!?
Are productioners having total brainfarts this year or what!?
Good thing I started using Motrine for Ivy when she had that fever from her mid-ear infection a couple months ago!

It does make me nervous though because I have purchased and given her tylonal in May for her teething.
<=/
Gunna go throw it away right now.

Makes me nervous what's gunna be infected next!
LOL! I'm going to run away to the mountains and start making my own food and medicine just to avoid all this crud. We'll never shave or bathe either. Just live in peaceful harmony with God's mountains and beasts.

*for those who may not get it, I WAS being sarcastic
This is ridiculous! After reading the posts, I went and checked my medicine cabinet and there are two bottles in there!!

It just makes me so upset because you know they wouldn't have recalled it unless so many children/babies had gotten sick or killed.

I just don't understand how stuff like that can 'slip by' the FDA...

Lol Joy...I agree! I'm glad you posted ladybugboy1029, this stuff is scary, thanks for sharing!
Unfortunately that's how our government works.
People don't care until something happens.

We've decided we're gunna be putting Ivy and Aiden in private schools when the time comes because everytime I bring in the paper, a student or teacher got killed in one of the local schools.

There are bullies and a$$hole teachers that terrorize these kids, and they tell and tell and tell and parents b*tch and b*tch and b*tch and NO ONE does ANYTHING about it.
Then one day that kid brings a gun to school and shoots the bully or the teacher because he felt no other way out.
THAT'S when everyone starts to give a sh*t!!

There are soooooo many things that people can do to make this country live up to it's name and we DON'T because we're greedy and LAZY!
And to those unfortunate people that lose their lives or loved ones due to this problem.

Medicine on the other hand is a BIG DEAL and they should be checking that stuff BEFORE it's shipped out!!!
People rely on medications for different reasons EVERY DAY. And to know now that we can't trust them!?
God.
I'm glad I saw this post - I have 2 bottles of infants tylenol in the cupboard. I almost gave some to DS last night (he's got a cough thing going on...). Guess I get to throw it all away and buy more...
well see makes me fell better  about me and all my kids be allgeric to tyelnol lol
I agree ladies - you give your child medicine because they are SICK and then you find out that the medicine could be making your SICK child SICKER it's infuriating!!  Especially when you are talking infants they are so defenseless and can't tell you what they feel anyway!  Ugh!!
I'm with Joy *vent over*
I called Tylenol myself and NONE of the medicine that hit the shelves were effected with this bacteria, this is a voluntary recall on Tylenol's part.  When I called to get more information they even offered me a free coupon.
I read that on their website, prevatt. It is still discouraging because you want to trust these companies to provide safe medications for your children. There have been many recalls recently.

Bayer once had HIV strands in their medicine. How that happened or how that works I have no idea!
Bayer was infected with HIV!?!?!?!
wtf?!?!?!
Thank god I REFUSE to take medication unless I ABSOLUTELY have to!!
I'd rather sit and suffer than take something for a simple headache! lmao
I've always been like that. lmao