Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
OT-Nausea persisting after giving birth

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

OT-Nausea persisting after giving birth

So it's been around 10 weeks since I gave birth, and everyday since then I've had nausea and an upset stomach everyday. It's still difficult for me to eat, and I get full after only a few bites. I just never want to eat, and after I eat I feel sick for hours on end. Has anyone ever heard of or experienced this? It's driving me crazy and I just want to feel better. I've spoke to my doctor but she doesn't know what's going on. I've tried cutting out certain foods, eating before a certain time and eating slowly as well. Nothing is working and I don't know what to do anymore.
Have you tried taking an antacid regularly for a few days?  I have found that to help not post partum bc I'm not there yet but sometimes I get that nausea and such and it's persistent both prior to pregnancy and during pregnancy and taking an antacid regularly for several days seems to do wonders.

Feel better.
hormones from breastfeeding? My OB blamed everything on hormones :) For me, I didn't properly digest food for like 2 months after the baby was born (both pregnancies). I think it took a while for the hormone thing to balance out.
Do any of your local stores carry Reed's ginger beer? It's ginger ale but it's made with real ginger and doesn't have corn syrup in it. It will help with an upset stomach and indigestion. You could also try taking a Vitamin B6 supplement.
I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Nausea is the worst.
Thank you everyone! I'll look and see if anyone carry's the Ginger. I looked for some one, but that was months ago and I forget where I found it. I took antacids last night as well, and I was able to eat with no nausea and upset stomach so I'm going to try that again today and see how it works. I know I have acid reflux, but it's never cause those problems before so I never associated the two. My doctor also said it could take up to a year before my body regulates itself and I'm back to the way I was before pregnancy, but that wasn't an acceptable answer for me. :) Hopefully all these things work.
I'm so sorry girl I wish I knew how to fix it..both times it lingered a long time for me after having a baby. I always controlled/helped my nausea by chewing small ice chips....it's what they do for nauseous women at the hospital when they're trying to avoid giving medicine and it helps me quite a bit. unfortunately now that my nausea is continuing to linger that means ice chips EVERY time I eat which is a pain in the butt...but it helps a LOT for me. I hope you feel better soon and I really think that the tips you got here are great and I hope they help!
hansen20 commented on Belle313's status
27 mins ago
hansen20 commented on KeeLolo's status
1 hr ago
Shannon79 Happy Canada Day to all my ... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy