OT-VENT Health Insurance S U C K S!!!!
So I just received a phone call that I am responsible for a $622.37 bill from when I gave birth!!!! Whats the point of having money taken out of my paycheck every week if I'm going to be responsible for this amount at the end?!! Mind you the bill is in the $1,000's.  I called my insurance to see why I'm stuck with this.  All she was telling me was that I met my deductible and that they wouldn't pick up the bill. She was also telling me about other bills, all from when I WAS GIVING BIRTH!!!!!! Can you believe this???  So mad right now I can punch a wall,lol.  I don't have the money to pay this now.
Im honestly suprised they didnt senda letter. Gettinga phone call is odd! If I were you I would get a list of procedures and costs and see if they made some sort of mistake! If not and you are held responsible then see ifthere is any type of grants through the hospital theat will help. ( I know my friend hada outstanding 6000.00 orso bill and the hospital covered all of it......
You don't have to pay it all at once. The good thing about medical bills is that you're not charged late fees or interest--you're just expected to pay them.
I've gotten bills in the past that were too much for me to afford all at once, so I'd pay what I could at the time, and continue until it was paid off. Usually I'd contribute $20-$30 each time I'd pay, then I'd get the next statement, and do the same thing until the bill was paid in full. I've never run into any problems doing this, and I've done it a lot of times.
You may want to contact the billing department of the hospital or whomever it is you have to pay to set up a payment plan that works for your budget if you have doubts about making your own payments on your terms.
I hope you get it all worked out--it does $uck that you have to pay that much for giving birth.
Be careful of phone calls- it could be a scam. Wait to see if you get a bill in the mail. If you don't, then fine. But if someone is calling say you owe "Such-n-such amount and you have to pay over the phone" I'd be very, very cautious.

Also, most people have to pay their deductible and then up to a certain amount after that (like $1000).

If this is a legitimate bill then you can call to make payment plans. If you qualify for Medicaid (or if your baby is on Medicaid) you can apply for MC+ and see if they'd help you. But the date of service would have to be within the past 3 months in order for them to help out.