Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
On a budget

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

On a budget

I am on a tight budget for buying baby stuff being a single mom,so what are some things that should be bought new and what is okay to buy used.Also do you use any websites to get any free stuff?
I am in the same boat girlie! I purchased the crib new, i regret that purchase though.i coulda went used and saved a bunch...i bought a new bassinet 40$ @ walmart, i felt good about that one, new bouncer, i bought a carseat stroller combo on craigslist for 80$ in great shape and near new...i purchased a jumperoo on craigslist for 20 it retails for 80 and a cool bathtub nee at walmart for 20$...ive been buying clothes here and there, are you having a baby shower??
I think the big stuff is good to buy used! Things like bedding and clothes my family made it a point to me that i should buy new, i wouldnt mind buying the bedding used if i knew who i was buying it from...bedding is ridiculously over priced :/
Yes and my stepsister is having her baby any day so I'm hoping for a girl so I'll get all the old clothes and really won't have to buy any.and I was wondering if a crib and bassinet are worth the buy,I was thinking of just getting a pack n' play with a bassinet and changer to use for the first few months
Sweet deal, im really counting on mine for the basics :) Its good to get clothes from family, especially all the newborn to 3 month sizes bc they out grow it quick, its not worth buying new! A pack n play would be a great buy, newborns go to 3months then they graduate to the crib, i would also get a co sleeper, they retail from 30 to $100..so baby can sleep with you :) then you can hold off on the crib for a while, check out craigslist for cribs, ive seen nice ones for cheap!!!
How far along are you???
Thanks! I'll be looking for all the deals I can.and hopefully I'll find a job soon but no one wants to hire the pregnant girl which is ridiculous
I'm 18 weeks
You have plenty of time to get things together, dont feel its all gotta happen over night, it can be overwhelming! I understand  the not working thing, im living off unemployment :/
I was on a very strict budget... I bought everything brandnew coz in our family we dont use used stuff at all. ... So i bought cot+mattress n beddings... A travel set (carseat + pram)... Also bought 3 in 1 bouncer, infant seat and swing... I m nt so keen on buying clothes as my family will be getting me lots of them... I just bought essentials and to take thm to hospital... Believe it or not i hve only bought 1 sleep suit n 1 outfit for new borns... 1 coat+1jumper 0-3.. Abt 4 sleepsuits 0-3.. N 1 outfit0-3... I was lucky to evn buy tht coz big sale was on... I hvnt evn bought a single toy for my son lol... N i still need to get his bath tub... N small things. ..
hansen20, and cowgirlup249 commented on cowgirlup249's status
cowgirlup249 Took a HPT today all 3 came... Comment
OctoberMommy2014 is in shock, but it's offic... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy