Ovulation after removal of IUD
Hi, I and 23 yrs old and I just got my IUD removed 7/2/09 after having it for a yr and 1/2. I do not know what my cycle is cause my period is so irregular. I had a period 5/22/09 that lasted about 4 days and then another on 6/16/09 that lasted about 4 days. So that gives me a cycle of about 24 days. I got the IUD removed 7/2/09 on a thursday, Friday I had a little spotting but saturday all day I had real heavy bleeding, Sunday afternoon it had ceased. Would this be because of the removal or would this be my period?? If thats my period then that would mean I would ovulate around the 17th right?? How do I know when my period is and when I will ovulate?? I mean I have to have a period before I can ovulate right?? Any help or similar storied about getting their IUD removed would be great....also starting on 7/8/09 I have been very emotional. Crying and my breasts are sore, I know I cant be pregnant and I even took a test this morning just to calm my nerves and it came back negative but is all my hormones bein all messed up normal? Thank You
when i got my iud removed on 4/20 i started my cycle 2 days after n it lasted about 6 days after i was gettn same symptoms with sore brest  n very emotional. so i think thats just the hormones n the body. but a friend of mine spotted 4 a couple of days n next month when looking 4 a cycle she was pregnant. i have heard if u have had sex a couple days b4 iud is removed u still can have a chance at gettn pregnant but i dont no how true it is. but my hormones was messed all up 4.
The removal of the IUD should not cause any change in your cycle.  You will probably spot because of the removal but it shouldn't have anything to do with affecting the cycle.
It really depends on the type of IUD you have had. I had the Mirena for 3 years, and when it was removed it took 4 months for my body to adjust back to normal & my cycle to get back on track. I bled for about a week after removal. I thought I was pregnant every month because the symptoms were so similar.  Also, when the Mirena is removed your body has to rebuild the lining of your uterus so it takes a while to be able to support a pregnancy again- but the amount of time varies from person to person. I spoke to my doctor and she said that this is caused by the sudden shift in hormones- the Mirena has hormones (and it depletes the lining of your uterus) while the copper Paraguard doesn't.
Hi...I had my Mirena in for 3.5 yrs and had it removed June 5th. I bled for 4 or 5 days. I havent had a period in I dont know how long with my IUD so I didnt know when i would ovulate. So I just brought the test. I tested the week after my "period" and 2 weeks after. At 2 weeks after the ovulation test was postive. My DH and I had been trying since my "period" stopped. Well on July 4th and 5th my pregnancy test showed a faint postive.  

When I had my IUD removed I asked if I should wait and the doctor told me to get started :D

Good Luck!