Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
PLease heLP

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

PLease heLP

When I had my first ultrasound I was 7 weeks 4 days and all I saw was a sac I went back at 11 weeks 4 days doctor couldn't see anything so she scheduled me for a vaginal ultrasound I had one when I thought I was 12 weeks 1 day but the ultrasound tech said the baby measured at only 8 week 3 days and the doctor said there was no heartbeat and no fetal activity my question is can my dates be wrong because wouldn't I be able to see a little baby at 7 weeks 4 days so she offer my a d&c or wait two weeks to go back for another ultrasound I wanted to wait is there anyone else who has went thru the samething and everything went alrite I am trying to have hope thAt everything will be alrite but it's just so hard any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Ooooh and I haven't been cramping or bleeding so I am really confused
Even if the baby was measuring only 8 weeks instead of 12 there should have been a heart rate visible. Also, the baby should have progressed more since babies dont start developing at their own rate until 13 weeks. It sounds to me like a missed miscarriage. I had one during my first pregnancy where I was supposed to be 9 weeks but the baby only measured 6 weeks, For whatever reason my body didnt miscarry on its own and I had to have a D&C. I would maybe contact your doctor to see if you can get another ultrasound to be sure but it doesn't sound good. I'm so sorry you are going through this.
Yea I have to call her tomorrow she is scheduling me another vaginal ultrasound to confirm and about the d&c did it hurt or what should I expect because she is scheduling that next did you lose some of your symptoms???
They put you under for the D&C so it doesn't really hurt, you just have some discomfort and bleeding for a week or so afterwords. Your doctor should prescribe you some type of pain killer as well.  I didn't loose any of my pregnancy symptoms that I had at the time since I hadn't actually miscarried. Symptoms are caused by hcg which is the pregnancy hormone and while the fetus is still in you, you'll still continue to have mild symptoms.
KeeLolo, hansen20, desderius, and Shannon79 commented on KeeLolo's status
40 mins ago
KeeLolo commented on veronica0808's status
KeeLolo commented on laureninlove's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy