Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
POSSIBLE PREECLAMPSIA DURING 26 WEEKS

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

POSSIBLE PREECLAMPSIA DURING 26 WEEKS

this pregnancy has come with many complication, chest pains started at 18 weeks, and still no definate cause, but i also been swellin since i was 4 months, my doctor told me lay off the salt and i did, i also layed off fatty foods, but the swellin now is getting even worse, in my hands, feet, ankles, face, neck. my blood pressure has been fine, but ii dont urinate as often as most pregnant women. and i called my doctor today and they told me that protein was in my urine thr past 2 visits, but he didnt even tell me anything about it and i was so heated. im wondering why he hasnt said anything and im having sum symptoms of it. i get plenty of rest and cut down on the foods so why am i still so swollen. my weight was also up and down due to the fluid, i have an appointment wed and im gonna make sure my doctor checks to see if i have it....has anyone experienced this, please help, im worried!!!!!!!
Your doctor needs to take this more seriously, for sure. Pre-eclampsia can be deadly if not treated and diagnosed.

Your symptoms are definitely worrisome and should warrant the utmost care.
if he doesnt take it serious then i will definitely be finding another doctor
I'm glad to hear that! Hopefully, though, you won't have to go through that and he'll get his head out of the clouds and treat your properly.
If he doesn't offer, you need to ask about a 24 hour urine collection to determine how bad your kidneys are. You also could use blood tests to check liver function, and an ultrasound to check the baby's growth and the condition of the placenta.

I have read that it can be normal to have small amounts of protein in your urine. In addition, it is possible to have pregnancy-induced hypertension and swelling without actually having preeclampsia. What has your blood pressure been? And how does it compare to your pre-pregnancy blood pressure? I just recently read that sometimes hypertension or preeclampsia is ruled out because a person's BP falls into a "normal" range, but in reality that person's regular BP is normally low, so the increase is not noticed.  I would suggest that you purchase a home blood pressure monitor to track your blood pressure. I have an omron that is pretty much idiotproof- we got it at the local pharmacy for like $60 or $70, and it has given me a lot of piece of mind this pregnancy.

other things to consider- are you drinking enough water? how much caffeine? are you somewhere hot and humid? what kind of work do you do?

good luck and stay healthy. i hope your dr listens to your concerns and gives you some answers.
my bp was high when i took it this evening, but when i took it a lil while ago it dropped back down. im gonna make sure he checks into this and i have sum kinda answer before i leave his office, so at least i will have a peace of mind, i dont drink any caffine, strictly water and juice and i try my best to stay outta the heat, i dont do anything but sit in the house under the AC, yesterday i was swollen when i woke up so it was nothing i did too cause the swelling. and i kno that pregnanccy brings sum swelling, but i jus wanna make sure i kno for a fact that i dont have it, so i want have to worry
veronica0808 commented on photo
hansen20 commented on photo
dianaexoh uploaded a new photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy