PUPPP
My first pregnancy I developed a rash called PUPPP in the 3rd trimester and I remember thinking id die if I ever got it again. Well low and behold 30 1/2 weeks into my 2nd pregnancy and ive magically gotten it... again. Im pretty po'ed since it was the one thing that honestly completely ruined pregnancy for me last time *sigh* and this pregnancy was going so well too. I dont recall anything stopping the itching and just having to deal with it until delivery, but I honestly cannot handle having to do that again. I am miserable. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could help? Best thing so far was an ice pack but Navy doesnt like the cold apparently and tries to knock it off my tummy. Im just hoping someone knows of a cure thats been created within the last 3 years. If I have to deal with this for 10 more weeks ill go mental.
***bump***
I found something that said high strength steroid creams or ointments, such as clobetasol (Temovate) or betamethasone (Diplrolene) can help. You use them like 6 times a day until it's under control then change to a lower strength used less frequently.
Are those safe? I dont want to put something on her that could be toxic...
I dont know if this will help??

There is no cure for PUPPP, but the irritation usually can be relieved with cortisone creams, high strength steroid creams, or oral steroids if the itching is severe. The rash and the itching usually resolve a couple of days to a week after delivery.

I found it on a site, Did you know about 70 % of women who develop PUPPP give birth to boys.. This correlation has given rise to the hypothesis that male fetal DNA acts as a skin irritant, but conclusive evidence is still needed.

I found it all on a site.
I hope it gets better.

x
I would imagine so. It seems PUPPP only happens during pregnancy. (Though I could be wrong) You could ask your doctor about em and see what they say. I'm not even sure if you could get them without a prescription.
The info I gave you from

http://www.parentingweekly.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-complications/PUPPP-and-other-pregnancy-rashes.htm

This website says the creams are safe :)

x
I do not think those creams are safe.... Try calmine lotion..... Vinegar..... Milk
I got prescribed a mild steroid last time but not a strong one. Ive been using aveeno soaps and lotion, cortisone creams, benedryl, ice, the rest of that mild steriod and it will relieve it for like 5 minutes and then it comes back with a vengence. This is crappy.
You might be able to ask and see if they could give something a little stronger to see if it helps at all. I hope you start to feel better soon.
Can you get a list of creams of your Doc maybe a little bit stronger than the last, but not as strong? I don't know the ins and outs of PUPPP. I read it's a rash, starts near the belly button in stretch marks and then travels down..
So my advice might be useless...it's a some what allergy to stretch marks,
I know there is no cure... well the only cure supposedly is delievery.

Another site gave me this for treatment

There is no curative treatment for PUPPP (apart from delivery!). Symptoms can be controlled using:

•Emollients (moisturisers) applied liberally and frequently as required.
•Topical steroids applied thinly twice daily to the red itchy patches.
•Antihistamines - conventional antihistamine tablets appear safe in late pregnancy (though they may make the baby drowsy on delivery).
Discuss your treatment with your doctor, or ask to be referred to a dermatologist.

You should see your doc to see if anything else can be done, or a list of things the might be able to help longer than 5 mins

x
OMG..I think this is what I have...I went to the docs yesterday because of this rash that has been so itchy I scratch until I bleed and he's like,. that just looks like a heat rash, take some reactin.......I really think I have this PUPPP and it is killing me. I can't stop my scratching and all my BF says is stop scratching, its not that hard to not scratch an itch...he has no idea, I have to scratch when he is not looking cuz he just tells me to stop.

This is hell and if it is what I have I cannot go another 33 some weeks with this, not to mention how hot it is and with the sweating it makes it so much worse. I want treatment!

Last night I wet a towel with freezing cold water and lied in bed with the towel draped over my legs, thighs and my tummy, it helped but when I am at work it is horrible,
*I meant I cannot go another 7 something weeks, I am 33 weeks*
I have no stretch marks and although it usually appears on them its not an allergic reaction to stretch marks because it can appear anywhere on your body (never on the face though). I absolutely refuse to itch since when I got it last time and itched I ended up making it a million times worse. I just dont know how long I can hold out. I want to cry but not out of sadness but rather frustration. :(

cheryl ask your doctor if it is for sure PUPPP because if it is they may induce you at 37 weeks. I dont want to be induced at all so this is making it harder.
I had PUPPP. AAARGGGHHHHH!!! It was a nightmare, tried everything such as corticosteroids (0.1% in late stage pregnancy is harmless), special lotions with e.g. urea, bathing in pure salt/dead sea salt, drinking liver cleansing tea, showering constantly, cool packs and the list goes on............So after numerous sleepless nights, I called my midwife crying begging to get induced at almost 39 weeks. It was the only relief I got.

To make it worse the rash and itching came back 4 weeks post-partum!!! It stayed another month. Turns out that I may have had Obstetric cholestasis, my liver enzymes were a little crazy even a few weeks post-pregnancy (I got my blood tested when I started itching again).

Usually PUPP doesn't happen in subsequent pregnancies, my midwife and the Obstetrician at the hospital told me . Get your blood liver enzymes (LFTs or liver funtion tests) analysed, maybe it is cholestasis, do it to rule it out. What is more accurate is a serum bile acid test but they didn't do that post-pregnancy with me.

You can talk to me if you want to vent, I was going up the wall with it. I know how you feel, was really a nightmare, I just cried during the last two weeks.

BTW, I had a girl and she came at the right time, at exactly 39 weeks induced the day before, weighed 4060 g (8.9 lbs) and was 56 cm (22 in). Can't imagine how big she would've been if I went any further.