Passed stretchy sticky mucus at 5 weeks pregnant! What could it be?
Hi all, I am 33 and got BFP 19th Dec. On the 25th had intercouse with my partner and later that day noticed that I had a bit of pink blood down there (sorry for too much info). I would not even notice it but after a m/c 2 years ago I just can't help but keep checking inside for a bleeding. I can't even see anything when I wipe, only when wash myself. Anyway, this has been happening since Xmas day but today I noticed that the discharge turned more brown colour & still very light Later this evening the discharge was very stretchy and sticky (similar to when I ovulate). It had no oder & only happened once.....well, will check later if have anymore. I am very worried because 2 years ago I had brown discharge which turned into a heavy flow on the next day & I did miscarry. I have tiny bit of cramping  (very mild and only when move quickly at times)thats about it, no other symptoms. My nipples are still sore which I hope is a good sign but just can't stop worrying that I might have miscarried. Anyone else had anything similar happen to them ?
PS: I also had cyctitis and my doc prescribed me antibiotics to get rid. Could that be the reason for the sticky stretchy mucus or pink/brownish discharge? I have my docs appoitment first thing tomorrow morning to test my hormone levels. Also, I have no STDs - so please do not say I have or even suggest that pls as this is not the case. Any advise/help is appreciated girlies - pls help! Going out of my mind.
Funny thing is, I did the same thing Sunday. Light brown discharge. This is my 3rd pregnancy snd I have never experienced this. My mom thinks I just over did it Christmas Day. I put my feet up and rested a while. It stopped. Hope its nothing. Let me know what your dr says.
To me it reminds me of your mucus plug meaning you could be miss carrying, but discharge is so normal. I know I've had so much through this whole pregnancy and I had a little bleeding in the beginning. I would call your doc and set up an appointment to check on things
the sticky mucus could be your partners ejaculation as the cervix is closed and it cannot get thru so it has to come out, the brown discharge sounds to me like old blood and that could be from the sex, sometimes this irritates the cervix and as there are alot of small blood vessels close to the surface its quite easy for one of them to burst, I would try to relax and give yourself a break from checking all the time as this could also be an irretant, I know its hard not to worry, but unless it turns to bright blood or the cramps get worse you really should be fine
Thanks Stacey. You made me feel a lot calmer. Will see tomorrow what my hcg levels - hopefully they are increasing and everything is fine. I have no proper bleeding or cramping (just sotimes when move quickly but it's expected in the early pregnancy, right?). When I had m/c 2 years ago - all pregnancy symptoms were gone even before I started to spot. This time is not the case as still have sore nipples, feel very tired & now have terrible headache (however headache could be due to worrying too much are ). I am just not very impressed with the Early pregnancy unit - they closed due to a bank holiday. Just does not make sense that no help available when you most needed. Will lt you know tomorrow how it went. Fingers cross!
Hey Samantha, thank you for your response. I have just had a look on the net and apparently Mucus Plug is not formed at such early stage of the pregnancy.
yep stress will give you a heache lol, make sure your drinking heaps of water and take it easy, and stope checking !! just check the toilet paper, if your going to miscarry the spotting will turn pink, then maybe red or just straight red, but spotting in early pregnancy is very common so it doesnt always lead to miscarriage either, no cramping is a good sign as well, your hcg levels will give you the best idea if everything is progressing as it should be, good luck :)
Ah OK I was just thinking it seems a little weird so early, but you never know lol. Thanks for letting me know and I bet its just normal like I had it.
Right girlies. Just got back from docs and he said not to worry for now. My hcg level are high and bleeding seem to almost stopped. Again, can only see tiny bit of brown blood mixed with cm (and I mean tiny, I would say just a few drops). Have scan booked for 3rd jan as will be exactly 6 weeks next tue just to check it's not ectopic due to shooting pain in my right abdomen when caugh, laugh or move quickly. Anyone had that? Oh, what did I let myself into lol - keep telling my baby to stick there :o)).
Just thought I would post an update. Have been having a very light brown spotting for almost a week. Last night about 10 pm (new years eve) I bled dark red with a few very small clots. Had 2 sharp pains yesterday as well - each lasted about 10 secs. Nipples hovewer were very sore even this morning, now not as sore, just a bit sensitive to the touch. I think this is it for me, no hope there. This is my second m/c and I started to worry as to what is wrong with me? Why can't I carry full term? Crying my eyes out!
I am so sorry if things haven't worked out for you, hun! I have PCOS, so I know how heartbreaking multiple miscarriages can be. I waited to get married til I was ready for children at 24, and now, after years of trying, I'm nearly 30, and we have opted for adoption. We want to be parents more than we want to reproduce. Maybe we'll get lucky and conceive still, but it's good to know that there are children out there who need to be loved as much as we need to give love. Good luck, girly, I hope things turn out for you.