Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Pelvic Pain at 24 Weeks

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Pelvic Pain at 24 Weeks

So I am at 24 weeks now and for the past couple weeks I have been having a lot pain in the pelvic/groin area.  It is most painful when I get up and walk after having sat for a while.  Or if I walk for a long time I get the pain too.  I also get it really bad when I turn or change positions in bed.  It feels like a lot of heavy pressure.  Has anyone else experianced this?

I told my doctor about it at my last appointment and so she checked my cervix and said everything was fine.  It really doesn't feel fine though and I wanted to know if anyone else has experianced this.
It's probably pubic symphysis disorder. Google it and it will give you some information. I had it my whole pregnancy. Started getting painful around 12 weeks and only got worse. Try sleeping with a pillow between your knees it helped alot. Keep your knees together when rolling over in bed. Does it hurt when you put on your pants lifting one leg? Sitting on the edge of your bed will help.  
I don't know if mine is the same feels like in my hip joint... when I stand up I can't walk on my right leg ... hurts when I sit in normal sitting position and same when moving in bed .... had it since I was 6 weeks ... am.now 16 ... mostly at night or when I've been on my feet al day in work mostly at night x
Thanks for the comments.  I think it is pubic symphysis disorder.  Pretty much fits exactly what I am feeling.  I will try the pillow between the legs.  It does hurt when lifting my leg to put on pants so I have already started putting on clothes sitting down.  

I have felt what you are going through too littlemisscvl.  I have had that pain since about 10 weeks into my pregnancy.  I still have it but have learned to just deal with it.  It comes and goes.  Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy.
I have the same thing! But mine is in my left hip and i cant walk on my left leg lol. Its gotten better through the weeks. But once it went away i got the pelvic pain. My doctor told me its normal and that my body is trying to make room for the baby...or whatever lol. I walked a mile the other day and man was i hurting!
KTowne Little man's name will be W... Comment
kesby1212 commented on When You Need to Know...
KTowne commented on photo
Aug 29
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy