Pills left in high heat
Hi there,

On a recent trip, I left my backpack which contained my birth control pills in the car for several hours.  It was quite hot in the car (mid-summer in Florida), and even though the pills were inside of the bag, I think I need to toss the pack and start a new one.  My question is - I have taken Sunday-Wednesday's pills (first week), so how should I resume taking the pills?  My prescription is Quasense, and I have been taking it for over a year.  The pack information says that the pills should be kept at room temperature, but doesn't comment on decreased effectiveness with increased temperature - basically, I don't want to take too much because I have taken two at a time before because of a missed pill, and this gives me a very bad headache.

Thanks,
Sam
Most pills state to store at room temperature for good reason. So definitely toss the pack out.

You should just continue with the pills as normal. You've already taken week 1, so start week 2 of the new pack. Just keep them all in order.