Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Pinching pain

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Pinching pain

Ok so on tuesday i had a scan which showed nothing as i was way too early, so they took my blood and told me to go back to the hospital in 48 hours which was yesterday for more bloods to see if my hormone level had risen, gone down or stayed the same. they rang me today to say it had doubled (very happy) and im booked in for another internal scan on monday. But since i found out i am pregnant, i started to get this pinching pain a few cm below my belly button, it used to last for a few seconds and happen about once a day but it seams to be lasting longer and longer the more the days go by and happening more times. As i had a miscarriage last november i am very worried about any pains has anyone experienced this pinching pain.Its not realy painfull about 3 out of 10 so not bad but worrying. If you can help please do. thanks ..x
Cramps and pains can be normal in early pregnancy lasting for several weeks. You should have a corpus lutem cyst on the ovary that you ovulated from that will help to produce the hormones that sustain the pregnancy until the placenta is working. You could be feeling some aches from that. To me it cyst pain has always felt like a pinching or twisting feeling. In addition your uterus is getting thicker and will get bigger every week. You can also be feeling pain from that. A good rule of thumb is cramps without bleeding are probably normal.

Good luck with your next scan.
it's most likely just the normal cramps/pains from a growing and stretching uterus
hansen20 I hope that these 12-15 wee... Comment
hansen20, and KTowne commented on renae176's status
KTowne, hansen20, and Hollus commented on KTowne's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy