Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Placental Separation in early pregnancy

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Placental Separation in early pregnancy

Hi!  I am 9 weeks pregnant and 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with a smal placental separation.  This is my third pregnancy and I never experienced ANY problems with my previous two so I am very concerned.  I have been so irritated because my doctor acts like it's "no big deal" and I can't seem to find ANY information on this happening before 20 weeks.  I can't get excited because I am so worried I will lose this baby.  What are my chances of a positive outcome?  I was told it had separated 2.8 cm.
Did he put you on bed rest at all?  Is he having you come back for another ultrasound to see if it's healing?  If not I would call and ask him is you should be on bed rest and if he could follow up with it.  I have heard of this before and I think they should heal.  If the doctor did not want to answer your questions than what I would do is write them down on a piece of paper and call into the office.  If you can't talk with the doctor and you talk with the nurse give her the list of questions.  If you talk to him don't let him intimidate you.  Make sure to get all your questions answered.  That is what he is there for and part of the job so he needs to help you.  Good luck and I hope all works out.
Thank  you for your reply!  He didn't put me on bedrest but just told me to "take it easy".  It truly is terrifying to not know.  Thank you!
KTowne Been worried that my sympto... Comment
KTowne commented on zara2010's status
xoxo_143 Idk what's wrong with me. I... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy