Plan-B?
I don't think that my Mom is rite but She say's that Plan-b is the same as having an abortion. Do you ladie's think so?
I don't know what to think.
No, not the same, an abortion gets rid of an already developing embryo/fetus...Plan b is taken so that there cannot be implantation and if there is no implantation then there is no developing embryo/fetus.  IF you are already pregnant, plan b won't 'kill' the baby...that is the basic difference, an abortion does kill the baby...plan b just doesn't allow you to get pregnant.
if you are happy you are pregnant, then why has this come up? sweet is right, plan-b is for the EMERGENCY PREVENTION of pregnancy, as in a condom broke, rape, missed pills....however you are already pregnant, therefore the plan-b is not going to do anything for you.....so in essence, you are right...an abortion removes the entire fetus, whereas plan-b just "ensures" that a fertilized egg will not attach itself, therefore it is preventing pregnancy, not "disposing" of it((yes sorry that was wrong,but i'm having a moment and that is the only word that came to mind as i typed).....
oh, and just for future ref, plan-b is NOT 100% fool-proof...
Here is some info for you on plan b.  It must be taken within 72 hours of the slip up but the percentage of it working decreases as the days go on.  The best chance is within 24 hours.

It is important to know that Plan B® is not RU-486 (the abortion pill). Because Plan B® is used to prevent pregnancy, it will not work if you are already pregnant, and it will not affect an existing pregnancy. Plan B® is FDA approved — it contains the hormone levonorgestrel, the same ingredient found in many birth control pills. The difference is that Plan B® contains a larger dose of levonorgestrel than the amount found in a single birth control pill. And, unlike many birth control pills, Plan B® does not contain any estrogen.

Hope this helps.
I'm sure the information you have been provided with is accurate - however I think your mother might be implying a little of her own personal views.  Some women may think that even if there is a chance of it becoming a life, you are aborting it.  I think that may be where she is coming from.  I have no personal opinion about it, I am also pro-choice, but I just say that it could be her opinion because my mother is very pro-life and that is something she would say.  But if you do research Plan B (on it's website if it has one) I'm sure you'll find what the other women have said.
I am fairly certain that plan b will stop ovulation so a sperm will never meet with the egg and if it already has met with the egg it will make it so it can not implant.  You can decide if that is abortion or not.  I personally dont think that it is.  
Lots of interesting points and of course I'm the odd one out when I say I'm pro-life and I believe anything that is used to prevent a fertilized egg from implanting is a form of abortion because it is potential life.

Again, there's so much mixed information out there and Plan B words their information very carefully so as not to seem like an abortifacient. In the end, it's just what each person believes.

May I ask why you're asking about it? If you're already pregnant I don't believe Plan B will be effective.
I am with Joy Renee all the way. Probably because I am pro life. Thats really a controversial point and it really depends on who you ask and if they are pro-life or pro-choice. In all honesty some people believe that being in birth control is also a form of abortion or so I have heard what is everyones views on this?
Linzola, I've been someone whose said that on here. That *some* BC is a form of abortion. Not all of them are but I don't personally know which ones are not. I won't get into all the details for controversial-sake. That's just what I believe and therefore I've never used BC.
Hmm, just for the sake of stating an opinion(and not in a provoking way) I have to fully  disagree.  While I am pro-choice all the way, I do not feel that this is a matter of "abortion"......if there were no such thing as birth control or "plan-b" this world would be over ran with people, most of which that are not wanted.  There would also be a lot more babies getting dumped after birth or dying.  I don't know about most of you, but I would rather stop a pregnancy from happening then have a whole bunch of babies being born to people that are either going to kill or abuse them because they weren't want.
Ok now I am interested I have never heard of Plan-B, so I know nothing about it. But I have always been a person that is pro-choice. That being said I choose in most ways not to harm my child, although I have taken BC before. But I can understand why some woman choose to have an abortion. I am not trying to start a feuded conversation. I try to understand everyone's view points and I think for the most part I do. I hope in the end everyone who is thinking about an abortion, thinks about how it can effect everyone in the long run.
Plan B is a pill form of what an IUD is, it prevents implantation and/or/ kills the sperm before reaching the egg. The only difference from an IUD is that Plan B helps only in the first 24-72 hours.  An IUD can be used for over 5 years.  It also changes the PH in your uterus to prevent implantation or fertilization as it creates a hostile environment for gametes (eggs or sperm)  If you are going to say that something that prevents implantation is an aborticient then that's your own ethical/moral issue and to be taken up with your own God etc. etc. SO, it all depends on what you believe in, when does so called "life" begins.

Actually BC pills work in a similar fashion too and So do even condoms as they prevent fertilization and even kills sperm, I strongly believe that its a personal belief issue and no body should pass judgement on your beliefs.  So you could say I am a staunch Pro-Choice.
I totally agree with Mumita.  How do we prevent pregnancy if no one were to use bc because it's an aborticient?  I'm sorry but that makes no sense.  Abstinence is so rare these days and pushing it on your children and expecting it to actually stick is like walking around with a blindfold over your eyes.  We want to prevent pregnancies at all costs, and if that means taking a pill once a day then so be it.  I would rather someone take plan-b to prevent an unplanned pregnancy then get pregnant and have an abortion.  But everyone has a right to their opinion.
I am with mumita and mami and ziggy on this one.  This world needs birth control and Plan-B for those unexpected times.  What if a woman was raped and didnt believe in "abortion", she still has the option to take this pill as it is not an embryo yet. It is all how you perceive it, but I view Plan-B as a last resort birth control.  If someone has to take it on a regular basis then they should get on a more traditional bc.
Well, I myself, wouldn't take the Plan-B pill.  I just couldn't do it.  And I too am Pro-Life all the way, but I would rather have conception never take place, than to have it take place, and then have that baby abused.  Once conception has taken place, well that's another story for me.  BUT, it's only my opinion and as everyone has already said, it all boils down to what you believe in.  And I saw that you are only 17 and you may not quite know what you believe just yet as you are very young.  Most times on subjects like these, people have very strong beliefs one way or the other, but that could take years for you to develop; possibly based on your life experiences.  Just a thought.....Good luck if you are infact asking for yourself.
No it isn't the same thing at all. Just because someone take Plan B doesn't mean your pregnant there is just a chance. An abortion you already know you are pregnant and then getting rid of it.

That's like saying Birth Control and Condoms are like having an abortion because they stop pregnancy. Omg could you image a world with NO type of Birth Control???

Only an abortion is an abortion all other methods are taken before you even know your pregnant or become pregnant.
It depends on when you believe life begins. If you believe that life begins when the sperm meets the egg, than yes Plan B is a legal, over the counter, early abortion. That is why tons of pharmacists that are pro-life have recently refused to sell Plan B. They don't want to take part in an abortion.
OK I was just wondering I don't want an abortion or anything because I am one hundred percent pro-life I just wanted to know if she was wrong.Thanks Ladies.