Please help, 24 weeks pregnant,coughing and fluid leaking alot!
Help im a 24 weeks pregnant, have a cold like the rest of my family. I have a really bad cough which makes me pee myself, it started just alittle at a time, now it is all the time- i even had to go and get super pads instead of panty liners as i was having to change we bottom half every say 10mins. Is this normal i am starting to get alittle scared. This is my third pregnancy and i have no idea what it feels like for water to break as had to have it done by midwife in my last 2 pregnancies.
If its just when you cough or sneeze its most probably urine..have you been doing your pelvic floor exercises;?
No I havent been doing any pelvic floor exercises, gosh i cant even remember what to do for them. thanks so much for responding, i'm sitting here totally freaking out and getting rather emotional:(
Hi, this is my second pregnancy, im 21 weeks. Im having the same problem, change my undies two-three times a day. Thought about buying liners, may have to soon. Remember you have had three beautiful kids, you arnt a tight 16 yr old lol sorry I didnt mean to sound rude.
I really recommend doing your pelvic floor exercises, do 8 of them, three times a day.. I had the same problem you did with my first pregnancy and I never did the exercises. After having her until recently i would really pee myself badly. It still happens but the exercises make it a rare occurance.. i'll get you some info....
(Sorry it's long but hopefully it'll help you :) IF you're worried it could be your waters etc, I would get checked by a doc, but if it's just during sneezing and coughing it's most likely urine which is completely normal!

Pelvic floor exercises

Pelvic floor exercises help to strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor, which come under great strain in pregnancy and childbirth. The pelvic floor consists of layers of muscles that stretch like a supportive hammock from the pubic bone (in front) to the end of the backbone.

If your pelvic floor muscles are weak, you may find that you leak urine when you cough, sneeze or strain. This is quite common and you needn’t feel embarrassed. It's known as stress incontinence and it can continue after pregnancy.

By performing pelvic floor exercises, you can strengthen the muscles. This helps to reduce or avoid stress incontinence after pregnancy. All pregnant women should do pelvic floor exercises, even if you're young and not suffering from stress incontinence now.

How to do pelvic floor exercises:

Close up your anus as if you're trying to prevent a bowel movement.
    At the same time, draw in your vagina as if you're gripping a tampon, and your urethra as if to stop the flow of urine.
    At first, do this exercise quickly, tightening and releasing the muscles immediately.
    Then do it slowly, holding the contractions for as long as you can before you relax: try to count to 10.
    Try to do three sets of eight squeezes every day: to help you remember, you could do them once at each meal.

As well as these exercises, practise tightening up the pelvic floor muscles before and during coughing and sneezing.