Positive Pregnancy Test 8 Weeks After D & E???

I had a missed miscarriage 8 weeks ago and had to have a D & E.  They believed the baby stopped developing at 9 weeks and 4 days.  It was obviously very  heartbreaking.  I read that you can still test positive on a pregnancy test up to 6 weeks later because of your hcg levels still being high so I tested a once before I got my first period after the miscarriage and it came up positive.  I tested again a few days after my period and it came up very faintly positive and tested a few days after that and it came up negative.  My period is due now and I took a couple of pregnancy tests and it came up positive.  Is it possible to get a positive pregnancy test if I'm not pregnant after I got a negative one about 2 weeks ago?  I'm hoping this means I am pregnant but I'm also trying not to get my hopes up because I'm afraid my hcg levels are still high because of the miscarriage 8 weeks ago.  But would it be normal to get a negative pregnancy test and then get a positive one 2 weeks after the negative test when it's been 8 weeks since my D & E and I've had one period??
I had a miscarriage a d&c and a positive pregnancy test 6 weeks later and now have a healthy 3 year old. If you got a negative and then a positive it sounds like you are pregnant again! Congrats!!!!
i agree with Alaysha, sounds like you could be pregnant again. I would make an apoinment with your dr and get them to do bloods to confirm.

SSBD your way!
I miscarried and bleed for 6 weeks straight and got pregnant two weeks later so its possible see a doc and if so congrats
Thanks everyone. I'm hoping I am.  I have a good feeling but of course in the back of my head I realize that I may not so I'm not trying to get my hopes up too high (yet.)  If I don't get AF by the beginning of next week I am going to make an appointment so they can hopefully confirm it.