Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Positive pregnancy test then negative no bleeding
About This Community:

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Positive pregnancy test then negative no bleeding

I got a positive pregnancy test with digital clear blue easy 2 days before my missed period. Have signs of pregnancy, like peeing a lot, tender breasts, exhausted. Took another test 3 days later, by a different maker and had lines this time and it appeared to come back negative. I have no bleeding at all and my breasts are not as tender as they had been. Help!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
676912 tn?1332816151
Different tests have different sensitivity levels. The second test you used may not have picked up the pregnancy. If you got a positive with clear blue digital then try taking another in a day or two or calling your dr to have a test done with them.
Blank
1280088 tn?1432053534
take a blood test done to confirm your pregnancy. Good luck
Blank
988003 tn?1292212100
Each pregnancy test brand detects different levels of HCG. There are two possiblities as getting a false positive is extremely unlikely--especially with a digital test. 1) The second brand you used detects higher levels of HCG that your body hasn't reached yet, and the first test was more sensitive, or 2) You've had a blighted ovum. (Reference: http://miscarriage.about.com/od/onetimemiscarriages/p/blighted_ovum.htm)

If you're still in doubt, don't hesitate to call your OB to run further tests. Afterall, that's what they get paid for! I hope this helps you out and best wishes to you in your journey of TTC!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
5575813 tn?1452484685
Blank
Hollus, and KTowne commented on hansen20's status
1 hr ago
1816154 tn?1463433618
Blank
KTowne, Hollus, and hansen20 commented on KTowne's status
3 hrs ago