Possible Blighted Ovum
I was recently told I may have a blighted ovum. At what should have been 8 weeks I measured 5 weeks and showed no sign of Jr. At 9 or 6 weeks still nothing. They've watched for a drop in HCG. My HCG is doubling every 1.3 days, so almost every day. NO LOSS in symptoms what so ever. No discharge, no cramping, no backpains, no spotting, NOTHING. In fact, my naseau and breast size have still both been increasing since they told me I was going to lose my baby. It's been 2 weeks of waiting, and I still have not begun to miscarry or show signs of carrying a viable pregnancy. This is torture. All I want to know is if there's anyone out there who's had a potential 'blighted ovum' like this and still found the baby later. I found the misdiagnosed miscarriage site, and I thought for sure I'd find one there, but to no avail and no one there responded to my forum questions and posts. :(
Well, I wasn't told I had a blighted ovum, but they did tell me I would miscarry, and a month later, the baby is still there! I had an u/s yesterday, and the baby measured a little small. I think you should stay as positive as possible, and listen to your intuition.
i had a blighted ovum with my 2nd pregnancy and was told my 4th was also a blighted ovum, turned out to be a very healthy baby girl who is now 6. i would say stick to your guns if you aren't sure about things, get another ultrasound at the very least!
good luck to you