Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Post Birth After Stillborn

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Post Birth After Stillborn

I had my Little girl 09/02/2011 and unfortunatly lost her in labour. I had bleeding for 4 weeks (until 03/03/11), and have still not had my period. I know you cycle does mess up after having a baby, but i obviousley have not been breast feeding. I have had irratable breasts for the last 4 weeks. I had sex with my husband 2 nights ago and when i went the toilet before bed last night i had i speck of blood (no bigger then a 5c piece) and still nothing after.

What is happening? Could i be pregnant? has anyone else had a similar experience?
I am so sorry for your loss...I just had to tell you that first.

Since there hasn't been any BFing, your fertility would probably return pretty quickly.  So, it is possible that you could be pregnant if you are possibly missing your period.  The only way to know for sure, is to test.

I wish you luck and again, I am so sorry for your loss.  I will be praying for you...
It took me 6-7 weeks of bleeding plus another few weeks for my period to return after my stillbirth (at 38wks 3 days gestation due to a cord accident).  I also experienced a few days of no bleeding then it would start up again.  

Being as you've had intercourse there IS a change you could be pregnant.  As Michele said, you should test to know for sure.  Just wait 2 weeks from the last time you had intercourse and test.  Some women tend to be very fertile after giving birth.  If in two weeks time you have not gotten a positive pregnancy test or started your period, ring your doctor and see what his/her thoughts are.  

I'm very sorry for your loss.  
I cannot tell you I know how you feel. But I'm very sorry for your loss.
Are there grief forums for stillborn babies?
There's an angel babies group forum. It has many women who have lost babies due to many reasons.
As Clysta said, there is an angel babies forum, however it does not get a great deal of traffic.  If you would like to talk please feel free to send me a pm.  I had a full term stillborn in 2001 due to a cord accident.
Hollus commented on Jewels63's status
25 mins ago
Hollus commented on Heather8448's status
28 mins ago
Hollus commented on heather727's status
30 mins ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy