Postpartum check up?
I really didn't know where to post this question but do I really need to go to my 6 week postpartum check up I feel great and have no pains the bleeding is over with. Why do I have to go. Its a long drive in to town with a new baby and the price of gas. Probably a stupid question, but i was wondering.

Thanks,
Gardenroses
They really just want to make sure that you have healed up properly.  They will give you a pelvic exam when you go.  I would recommend trying to go but I know it is hard with a new baby.  My Dr. is far from me also; about 30 miles.  Maybe you could get someone to watch the little one for a little while.....That's also when they give you the okay to be sexually active again.  I know maybe some people don't wait, but I've had all my kids vaginally and I always wait for the okay from my dr.  To be honest, I don't want to do it before the 6 weeks!!  Ha! Ha!