Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Postpatum bleeding...dark brown discharge???

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I had my daughter April 16 via c section...Its now May 17 and I am still bleeding. My postpartum bleeding stopped ((well i thought it did)) and then a few days later all of a sudden I had DARK BROWN bleeding/discharge....Its been this way for a couple of days now...I'm really concerned. There is no odor or clotting...I don't know if I should make a doctors appointment..or if this is normal.....I think my next appointment is June 6th or something..should I wait that long?? I understand that the bleeding can come back if I am too active...which I have been,...I started working again when my daughter was 11 days old but not physical work by any means.....Im just on my feet all day. What could this be??? Am I just overreacting????
In order to consider bleeding a menstrual period there needs to be at least 21 days between the last time you had blood flow.

It can take up to 6 weeks for the bleeding to completely stop. If you did a lot of work lately (walking, lifting, etc.) then the bleeding will pick up again. You can wait to bring it up at your next appointment.
So, the dark brown blood/discharge is normal, you think?? Or its nothing to freak out about and just wait till i go to the doctor next....?
I have a feeling you had the same thing/close to the same thing happen to you as it did me, I had very light bleeding for a bit after my c-section with my son, and then a very heavy bit of dark blood. I was fortunately at the hospital for his check up and they did a pelvic exam, and said there was probably a small clot that passed and I didn't notice and the blood it was blocking came out. I think you are ok, they told me not to worry, and it did happen again, but I didn't go back to the doctor until my six week appointment. I also passed a larger clot about the size of a golf ball later that week, they said as long as it wasn't as big as a grapefruit I was ok. So, like I said I think you're fine. If you get a lot of bleeding, more than one pad an hour I'd get checked just to be sure.
I agree with the others.....I don't think that this is anything to worry about...As long as it's brown blood, it's old...which means your body is probably still just 'cleaning' itself out.......
well...that makes me feel better :)...i will just let my doctor know when i go for my 6 week check up thank you guys
I also have brown bleeding right now. I just delivered 6 weeks ago. My blleding from delivery stopped at about 4 weeks postpartum and i had a dr appt round then. I started on birth control last week and started having brown blood about 4 days after starting. I figure my body is cleaning itself out from going 9 1/2 months without a period. I think ur fine as long as ur not in pain or have a smell with it. U can still ask ur dr if ur concerned. Thats what they are there for.
Okay so I had my son about 5 and a half months ago...and I have that brownish discharge to, it doesn't have an odor but it started on and off about 3 months ago...I don't know what I should do...maybe its my body trying to get back into getting periods but I don't know what I should do...call doctor..??? help please?
I'm in the exact same boat. Had my son June 6 and started bleeding about two months ago on and off. Now its dark brown... :/
melimeli commented on photo
1 hr ago
melimeli commented on mhv's status
1 hr ago
butterflybabies commented on journey2motherhood's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy