Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Powerful painful contractions at 4.5 months.....

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

My friend is 4.5 months pregnant. She doesn't want the baby and has been smoking and drinking heavily since conception. Last night we were in a nightclub and she doubled over in pain. I don't just mean pain, I mean agony. We left quickly (I carried her) and she wanted to go home. I took her home in a taxi, she went straight to her room and coughed up blood all over some pillows. She locked herself in the bathroom and called her doctor for advice. Half way through the call she fainted, I had to kick the door in and call an ambulance. She woke up and took the phone off me. No ambulance and she refuses to go to hospital. Now, next day, the pains are still there, and I need to know as much as I can. The pain wasn't constant, it was almost as if she was giving birth there and then, spasms of extreme pain about 5/6 seconds between. I've been told that when she last had a scan, they heard no heartbeat. Is the baby dead? Is she miscarrying even so late? I know the trouble smoking and drinking can cause. My ONLY concern is not for the safety of the baby, but hers. Please help
When you go into labor you dont cough up blood... Now im not sure if this is the case considering she is over 4 months but itf there was no heartbeat early and shes in that much pain it could be ectopic which is deadly. If she doesnt go to the ER in that case she will die. I had one and was in HORRIBLE pain i couldnt move a muscle for days. Why wont she go? All they will do is a scan if the baby died but shes not misscarying they will abort it for her. Its not that bad. I dont know if she will die or not because i dont know whats wrong with her but i would tell her she could very well die the next day if she doesnt get looked at now. Id be concerned with the pain and coughing up blood for no reason. I will look it up and see what i can find out about that,
ok i didnt find anything on the coughing up blood other than possible blood clot in the lungs which in that case needs urgent care. I know its not my business but i wish she would of gave the baby up for an adoption, then she doesnt have to have it but she wont be a murderer either. Because at 4 months, the baby is a baby...thats murder. But like i said its not my business, i hope everything goes well for her. Just please try to get her in that hospital, if you have to say shes going to die than so be it. Even if it was a miscarry, not all the baby might come out which means she could get an infection and she will always have the part of the baby inside her, which im sure she doesnt want.
I am shoked honestly..I ve tried to conceive for 3 years, I am 8 weeks and praying for this baby, but deliberately smoke and drink because of NOT wanting the baby....THATS CRUTIAL!!!! horrible....yes, better to give up for adaption then this...however, if there is no heartbeat, the probability of the baby being dead is very high and therefore, she needs urgent care in ER..
Fetal death before 20 weeks is considered miscarriage. After 20 weeks it is considered stillbirth. She needs to go to the hospital. I don't care if you have to drag her. She could become seriously ill to the point of death if the baby is left in there. Many problems can arise, including hemorraging. Coughing up blood is not normal. They'll hook her up to monitors to see what is going on. Next time, though, she really should be more responsible if she doesn't want children.
Thanks for your advice. Really. And debgunn23 I agree with you there, but I had no idea she was pregnant until a couple of weeks ago (wears baggy clothes) when she told me. I've already advised her to stop drinking and smoking. As for the hospital thing, she has a past that has turned hospital into hell for her. I'll take her, even if she never talks to me again
Yeah at 4 months alot of girls dont show or even look pregnant. Besides the mudering a unborn baby shes hurting herself by all that drinking and even drinking might not kill the bbay so she will end up delivering a baby with all kinds of problems and disorders. Thats not fair for the child to grow up with physcial and mental abnormalities because the mother was selfish and inconsiderate. Im not critizing her as a person.Im sure she is a great person. Its just so heartbreaking to hear that, im sure its even worse for you to see that and know theres no way to stop it. I hope your able to get her to go. I hate hospitals too, I shake when i get there but they do save lives. Let us know what happens.
It sounds like she's got some sort of peptic ulcer. Next time she has sex she needs to use protection.

If she has this baby there's a good chance that the baby will have SEVERE mental and physical problems.  and she'll have to care for him/her. She's condemning this kid to a life of hell. I hope she knows that. What if her parents did that to her?
hansen20, and cowgirlup249 commented on cowgirlup249's status
1 hr ago
cowgirlup249 Took a HPT today all 3 came... Comment
1 hr ago
OctoberMommy2014 is in shock, but it's offic... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy