Pre-eclampsia in previous pregnancy, can it happen agian
I had pre-eclampsia in my first pregnancy and now i have jsut had a mis carraige, coudl the two be realted and then also coudl this affect my next pregnancy if i do fall pregnant. anyone have any positive stories realting to pre-eclampsia?
I don't know about the relatoin of preeclampsia and having a miscarriage, but having preeclampsia in a previous pregnancy definitely makes your risk to get it again much higher
fay is right.  My SIL gets it and she was told after she had her first that your chances of getting it in the next pregnancies are like 1 in 3 or something like that.  She has gotten it with the rest of her pregnancies.  So yes, your chances are much higher that you will get it again.
thanks so much ,..

Michele did you SIL have her babies and keep them? how premature where they born and what did she get told to do to combat it getting worse early on ? sorry so many questions?
There is no known link between preeclampsia and miscarriage.

How far along were you when you developed preeclampsia?

According to my OB, if you have had preeclampsia, then you are more likely than a person who did not have it to have it again during the second pregnancy. However, you are less likely to have it the 2nd time around than the 1st. It is more common in first time moms. Other factors that increase your chances are age, multiples, and if someone in your family (mom, sister) had it.

I had preeclampsia with my first pregnancy. It developed at 34-35 weeks, and I had to have a c-sec at 36 weeks when it developed into HELLP. i did NOT develop it in my second pregnancy. However, my OB did watch me very carefully for all signs. In addition, he gave me steroid shots at 34 weeks just in case I did develop it.
thanks tired! I had it at 22 weeks and it developed in HELLP by 26 and i had to deliver, he unfortunately didnt make it as he had a brain hemmorage.

I am so glad you ahve so information from your doc on it and you have had a healthy prengnacy you give me hope!

oh sorry i wasonly 21 witht he first prengnayc and i am now 26, I am hopig the age does make a difference and the fact that the last itme i was not ready and it was unplanned and i dont think i was very helathy either having been young and stupid drinking and so on.

My SIL does have all of her babies.  There was nothing she could do to stop it.  They just monitored her BP really closely.  I know with #3, she went for a routine appt. and they sent her over to L & D.  She was only about 2 weeks from her due date.  But I know delivery is the only cure.
OK... since you developed it so early on, I think you are little more likely than me to have it again, but luckily you're not guaranteed to have it.
As for age, the very young and older moms have a greater chance, so you are right- right now age is in your favor.
I would request a high-risk OB. My regular OB is also high-risk, so I didn't have to switch. My OB saw me every 2 weeks instead of every month. He carefully monitored the baby's growth and the placenta. He also checked my blood a couple extra times. Turns out my platelets were dropping towards the end, but it never got a chance to develop. My urine was clean the whole time.

I am so sorry you suffered such a tragic loss. Nothing can be done to prevent problems, but they can watch and make sure everything is progressing OK. There also have been some studies that indicate continuing folic acid past 12 weeks may help reduce the chances of preeclampsia. Certainly can't hurt to take them longer.