Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Pregnancy

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Pregnancy

Is it okay to drink wine while your pregnant?
Red wine is ok in moderation
My Dr. (ob/gyn) told me one small glass of wine is okay just not excessive amount and not everyday. But we all think different some say its not good and for you to wait while other are okay with it.
Most people will say a small amount is fine. A small glass with dinner should be ok. However many people and doctors have different beliefs on this. I haven't took as much of a sip of alcohol since being pregnant, I just feel its not good for my baby n there's no point. That's my own person, I juz don't feel comfortable drinking any amount. But I have friends who drank small amounts throughout their pregnancies n have perfectly healthy babies
My Doctor told me red wine is okay, just one glass here and there (either way I'm underage so I can't drink it anyway, but I still asked because my mother and I were talking about it one day), but she said try to avoid it in the first trimester. something about the baby being really vulnerable to something and it could possibly harm the baby if you drank too much of it.
I have heard you can but it's better to not in your first trimester. It's a very controversial subject, I wouldn't want to risk it personally but thats my opinion. In the end it's up to you.
I wouldn't risk it either; I worked with fetal alcohol syndrome babies. It's not something I would dare risk with my child, no matter how small the risk.
No it is not. I am a grad student doing my dissertation on prenatal alcohol exposure and I can give you citations of numerous studies explaining the effects. Please stop passing the myth that it is ok. There are no studies conducted stating that wine is ok or less harmful then a shot of tequila in moderation. It drives me crazy when people say its ok. There has never been a study that says this is the amount that is safe to drink alcohol. But there is no study that says a minimum amount of heroin, cocaine, etc. is ok yet we know we shouldnt do these drugs.
Please message me if you would like to see the research.
I wouldn't drink it even if I wasn't pregnant. Don't like taste but I wouldn't. Drink at all during pregnancy just to be safe. Ask your dr tho what they think.
KeeLolo Well O day was Sept 21st. I... Comment
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Sharii2408 commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy