Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Pregnancy Weight Gain

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Pregnancy Weight Gain

When I first found out I was pregant, I weighed 119 lbs.  My last doctor visit I went from 125 to 132. That is 7 lbs in 1 month! Since last Wed. I weighed 132, yesturday when I weighed myself, I weighed 137 lbs!!! Thats 5 lbs in 1 week.! This is my 4th child but I can not EVER REMEMBER gaining this much weight in that short of time. I had a 3d-4d ultrasound last saturday and I specifically asked if she seen any other babies in there and she said NO.  I am just worried that I am gaining weight way to fast and I still have till March to go! Do you think this is normal
Between the 6-7 months, I gained 8-10 pounds each month.  It seems to be the time in the pregnancy for the most weight gain (at least for me).
There are recommended ranges for weight gain during pregnancy and these depend on whether you are under weight, within a "normal' weight range, or overweight to begin with (and to know this your height has to be factored in).  Typically, recommended weight gain ranges from about 15-35 Ibs with overweight people being at the lower end of the spectrum and underweight people being near the upper end of that range.

When weighing yourself, be sure to weigh at the same time of day without any clothes on and using the same scale- a good time do to this is in the morning before you have anything to eat.  Weight can fluccuate throughout the day by several pounds (easily) and clothes can effect the number too so its important to be consistent.

All that said, if you really did gain 5 Ibs in a week (is it possible that the number might be skewed from some of the things I just mentioned?) that is something you need to watch closely.  If you continue to gain at that rate you need to call your doctor because certain conditions during pregnancy can cause rapid weight gain (water weight) and may require treatment.
Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
Shannon79, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy