Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Pregnancy and IBS

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Pregnancy and IBS

I am seven weeks, almost eight and I am having horrible IBS symtoms (symptoms). I was diagnosed with IBS about ten years ago, however the last two years or so my IBS has been pretty good. I am just wondering if other's have dealt with this issue and if so, was there anything you did that helped elevate the symtoms (symptoms)? Any information would be appreciated!
I wasn't officially diagnosed with IBS until after my daughter was born, but I've had it for years. Predominately I have IBS-D, but it alternates at times. Do you have one more than the other? Is there any particular food that triggers it? I know eating greasy/fried foods makes it horrible, as well as stress. While pregnant I lived on pasta's as well as breads and binding forms of foods.
Unfortunately I can't find the triggers. I feel like when I eat food it doesn't matter my stomach is bothered. I haven't had a normal stool since I became pregnant, its constant IBS-D. I have tried high fiber, low fat and that doesn't seem to help. I am at a loss and it stinks because it makes me not want to eat, but I know I need to for the baby.
I have Endo IBS-C and am approx 10 weeks pregnant. I am living on timed high painkillers, for e.g the pain (and only since falling pregnant) has gone from scatty to always around the times 9pm, 1am, 3.30am, (mental) so I have to take 2 Zapain tablets at 8pm, 12am and 2.30 am. Its working! the agony is lessened. I would certainly avoid rich dairy prouct, cream, eggs, soft cheese as even though we should avoid these in pregancy its a definate must with IBS and caffeiene is a buggar!
Hi there, I am just over 7 weeks pregnant with my 5th child and I was diagnosed with IBS a few months ago. I am having terrible morning sickness and the only thing that eases it is ginger & lemon tea. My friend has suggested i bake my own gluten/wheat free ginger cake or cookies using stem ginger in a jar. I find that herbal teas help a great deal. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck with the pregnancy. :)
I am 8weeks and i was diagnosed with IBS 5months ago. I find im sooo badly backed up (and thats not the pregnancy)...im soooo swollen i look like in atleast 27-30weeks pregnant :( its so uncomfortable :(
KTowne, and hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
28 mins ago
29 mins ago
KTowne commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy