Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Pregnancy and low TSH

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Pregnancy and low TSH

I was recently informed by my OBGYN that my TSH was found low in my last test and he asked for a repeat test with free T4 added this time. My husband and I in the meanwhile thinking everything is fine (we hadn't heard from them in 2weeks), have had sex without protection and I might be pregnant. What are the implications of low TSH on my baby (if I am pregnant and the repeat comes up the same)?
I have Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism... so my TSH and all that "stuff" is low.  If you infact to have hypothyroidism, you need to be put on medication right away.  Studies indicate that mothers who have hypothyroidism that is untreated, can have children that have learning disabilities, lower IQs, deformities, etc.  So, it is really important that you get on medication to balance your thyroid levels out.  Have you taken a pregnancy test yet?  If you are only 2 weeks pregnant, I don't think that you have much to worry about.  But, your doctor should put you on medication if infact your TSH and free T4 levels are low.  Good luck... and I hope everything goes well!
KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
11 mins ago
KeeLolo commented on photo
KeeLolo commented on krichar's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy