Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Pregnant 5 months after C-section

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Pregnant 5 months after C-section

I had my son via c-section 5 months ago and now I am pregnant. I'm excited about the new baby but terrified because I've heard that uteren rupture can happen . Has anyone had a similar experience? Did it go alright? I could really use some peace of mind.
So excited for you. I had my little guy 4 1/2 months ago. I asked my "High Risk" OB how long I had to wait to get pregnant since I had a c-section and he said they don't ahv ea waiting time any more! They used  to as they cut the uterus up and down and he said the uterine rupture rate does not go up if you had a prior c-section unless it is an up and down cut on the uterus, even if you get pregnant 6 weeks post partum which he hhas had patients that did that. Also the chances of uterine rupture for vaginal birth after c-section ar eless then 1% and is no reason to try for a VBAC the next time. Studies show that chances of problems with c=section rise with each one and you have a higher risk of problems with major surgery any time over a vaginal birth. Look up Ican online
KTowne commented on hansen20's status
hansen20 24 weeks and have to go do ... Comment
KeeLolo commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy