Pregnant with Twins...2 sacs 1 heartbeat at 1st sono
My first sonogram at 6w1d showed two sacs but only one heartbeat.  The sac without the heartbeat was smaller in size as compared to the one with the heartbeat but on the plus side, the yolk sac was present.  Did this happen to anyone else or do you know of anyone else this has happened to and there was a positive outcome?  Any advice is greatly appreciated!!  

Its scary when you go to an ultrasound and there is only one heart beat when you know that you are expecting twins, I myself am 19 weeks pregnant and the same thing happen to me. One of the twins stopped growing at 9 weeks no heart beat. My suggestion is that if the twin with no heartbeat is in its own sack and has passed away if its in its own sack on a plus side it is a good thing, if it wasnt then both babies would pass as they  share the same placenta etc. However at 6 weeks it is early so maybe its a good idea to check on the next ultrasound. Also just a suggestion make sure that you talk to your doctor as when one has passed the body wants to miscarriage the one that has passed so check with your doctor on the outcome of that. I ended up needing a cerclage which stiched the cervixs so nothing can come out. (although its hard knowing that i have one of my child that has passed inside me  knowing that i am trying to save the other one is enough for me to go through this.) I really hope and pray that everything is fine with you and your twins so talk to your doctor and if you can get a specialised opinon.
Good Luck and i wish you all the best.
Gem
Hope that you already have a baby and he / she is safe and sound.
Currently I am at my 19 weeks and Twin A has not heartbeat in 18th Weeks Ultrasound, though both the Twin have heartbeats on their 16th Week Ultrasound ( They are in the same placenta ).

I really need your advice what to do !

MAY ALMIGHTY KEEP YOU BOTH SAFE AND SOUND.
6 weeks is rather early.....They won't even do an U/S at my office until at least 8 weeks b/c alot of times they can't detect a HB until then.....There's certainly still hope..maybe the other little one was in a weird position or something, or just needed to play catch up with the other....Like Gem1982 said though, if the unfortunate happens, and you have in fact lost one of the babies, the other will be OK being it's in it's own sac.......Wishing you lots of luck!
farzana,

I will say a prayer for you!  My twin never developed a heartbeat. I am currently 30 weeks pregnant with one baby and everything has progressed normally with her throughout the pregnancy.  The other twin's sac is still visible on u/s.  I pray that all will be OK with your Twin B.  Are the doctor's being optimistic? I lost my previous pregnancy at 17 weeks and it was very difficult.  It tooks us a year to get pregnant again.
i just wanted to get some advice please, i am pregnant witn twins all was fine until my 19 week ultrasound where the drs only found one heartbeat and the baby measuring at 16-17 weeks. Im devestated. Is it possible the heartbeat was just missed ?? :(
I don't have any answers for you, but this is a really old post, so people might not see it. Create a new question and then people can comment on that.
I'm 7weeks pregnant with twins and only 1 heart beat its quite scary not knowing what's gonna happen got another scan this week coming
How are things now?  I am in a similar position at 7 wks....