Pregnant with fibroids....
I was pregnant last year and in my 4th month (Jan 2010) I had a miscarriage. The doctors kept saying they didnt think it was becuase of the fibroids that I have . When they did an autopsy on the child there were deformities present. Of course the child wasnt fully developed but that was what the doctor said  may have been the real cause- due to the deformed state of the child  my body may have rejected it. however the more I am reading about the effects of fibroids in pregnancy the more I believe it might've been the fibroids after all. Right now I'm pregnant again. I'm very early but I want to be smarter going into this pregnancy and ask the right questions and understand things better. (also the week of my miscarriage the doc told me to take advil whenever I felt pain- I took it for 2 days out of the 7 days i was cramping and later on that week I had the miscarriage)- Needless to say I'm changing doctors but I want to know am I still high risk or was that a mistake ? WHat foods can I eat that will help to reduce the size of my fibroids?
Hi there.. I have the same problem.. I have had fibroids for the last few years. Last year in September, I got pregnant, but had a miscarriage due to blighted ovum. Doctors assured me it was nothing to do with the fibroids.

I am now pregnant again, 9.5 weeks and because of the pregnancy hormones, the fibroids have exploded in size in the last few weeks :(

I have one thats inside which is 2.5cm and another one outside the uterus is almost 8cm!!!!
Doctors say that the one outside will not affect the baby at all.
I was told there is NO medication to reduce or shrink the fibroids. Surgical removal or cutting the fibroid's blood supply is the only way.

But, over the last few months I researched and found that yoga, alternate breathing, and alternate medicine like homeopathy helps..

Here is my story.....
The fibroid was 1 cm and 4 cm respectively when checked during the month prior to getting pregnant.
When I was 7 weeks pregnant the scan showed 8cm fibroid... ( it just blew up). So in this pregnancy I started taking homeopathic treatment from 7 weeks onwards...
At my 9 week scan, the fibroid did NOT change in size(doctors had actually expected it to grow due to increased blood supply and hormones and nutrition to the uterus) .. so it looks like things are in control for now..

I am also doing the yogic breathing.. and eating healthy.. I am just hoping to see a reduction in fibroid size in my 12 week scan!! fingers crossed.. cos its a lot of pain with fibroids swelling inside of you... plus the scare that a monster is right next to your baby!!!

hope this helps.. good luck!!