Prenatal and Iron? Anemic
my doctor prescribed me prefera OB prenatals around 12 weeks. a few weeks ago i  started having hot flashes dizzy spells and headaches so my doctor told me if it persisted, to take an extra iron supplement incase i was anemic. http://www.preferaob.com/preferaob.html according to the website i should be getting 27mg from my prenatal already. im worried about taking too much. the iron supplement i found has 65mg (says its equivalent to 325mg ferrous sulfate)and the pills are too small to cut in half so im afraid to take them.
A simple blood test can tell you if your iron levels are getting too low in pregnancy, usually if your eating a couple of serves of lean red meat a week that should be enough to maintain your levels, but if your unsure, have them check them through the blood test, being anemic in pregnancy can lead to post partum hemorage etc so its best to be sure, always take them with food and drink plenty of water and add abit of extra fiber to your diet to help with any consitpation issues that may arrise from taking the suppliments
I was told not to take with food especially dairy. Because it will be hard for body to absorb that way..