Progesterone Levels
today is day 22 of my cycle, and I had my blood test today.  The progesterone level was 14.6.  What does this mean?  I am so ready for this to happen.  This is the first time in 12 months that I have actually ovulated, and that is half the battle
Are you on a natural cycle or do you take meds.  Anything over 10 on a natural cycle is good.  Which means can sustain a pregnancy.  Mine was 13.8
I have been on Clomid this month.  50 mg 5-9.  Everything that I have been reading suggests the same thing you said.  There is just so much info out there, it is hard to say what is true and accurate.  How far along are you?  Thanks for commenting.  THis was my first post.
Hi there as the previous poster said,that is a good level it means ovulation has worked,so clomid is doing its job.good luck for next cycle...
Did they test you while you were on your period or you just had the test not being on your period? Just wondering because I need to do the test too and they told me I needed to be on my period. Thanks!
Hi there girl,i would double check that with them,when you have cd21 test for progesterone level its to check you have ovulated.so they shouldnt be doing it when on your period,as you wouldnt have ovulated..normally depending on your cycle the test is done 1 week after you were supposed to ovulate..
That's not necessarily true either. . . I have long cycles, and don't ovulate until around cd 24 or 25, and my doctor said they would still do the 21 progesterone on day 21 and it would still show accurate results.
Um never heard that before the whole idea of progesterone is to see if you have ovulated..well guess each doc is different,ive had many of these done over the years,through fertility treatment.never heard that...
I don't know why some doctors insist the test be at CD21.

Women ovulate on different days. Progesterone peaks in the middle of the luteal phase. How long is your luteal phase? If it's 10 days, you would go about 5dpo. Also if you ovulated on CD18 lets say, and you went CD21 for a progesterone test you would only be 3dpo and your level would show a lower level and not the Peak progesterone level.

I've read that progesterone testing should be done twice in the LP. Go about 5 days after your LH surge and about 3dpo. See how your levels differ those two days, how one will be higher than the other.

And as long as you have a level of over 10 yes it means you have ovulated.
Yeah, I'd never heard that either. . . Hope this doc knew what she was talking about. ;-)
Ha yeah i hope she does..:)

I think problems with docs they are so text book,they believe everyone has a normal 28 day cycle,huh wake up and smell the coffee doc...
I even pointed out to her a few times, my cycles are long.  So, hopefully she got it.  I guess we'll see. . . ;-)
I don't really know how long my cycle is.  This is the first time I have O in 12 or 13 months.  I did not O til CD 19.  This was the first time i had done a OPK.  That is the only reason I knew.
You do have to test on CD21.  I actually tested on CD22. b/c 21 was Sunday.  My level was 14.6, but that ws onle 3 DPO.  This is all so new to me with the terminology, so bare with me.  I am just wondering when to expect my next cycle? I never knew getting pregnant could be so difficult, draining, and emotional.  The first was an accident, so who would have thougth it would be this difficult!  I know I am rambling, but just looking for some answers.  I read on here yesterday that 1st trimester your progesterone level shoulod be between 9-20.  So therefore I would be ok.  Does anyone know for sure?
Hi there.if you ovulated cd19 then you should get your period within 16 days from ovulation,the time from ovulation till your period is called your luteal phase post ovulation.a womans luteal phase is 14-16 days.14-6 is very good if only 3dpo..im with ya on the first being so easy,was for me also..and your not rambling.i found a ste which gives you progesterone levels,will post to you..during early pregnancy levels can differ a great deal.but your sounds right on...
http://women.webmd.com/progesterone-15286

page 2 explains levels..and explains progesterone..
Thanks.  I just talk to the nurse at my Dr., and ws trying to get some clarification on when to expect AF.  She is going to have the doctor call me before she leaves today.  Why don't they just call us to begin with?  I feel obsessed with this since I ovulated!  I am getting nothing accomplished at work.  Good thing it is a slow month!  She said there is a chance that I may be pregnant with that level!!  YAY!  I hope so bad.  I think if I am not this time will hurt worse than the last, b/c I just know it!  They were getting easier, not going to be the case any more!  :(
Tell me about it..i dont blame you since you havent ovulated till this time,so the clomid is working,im currently pregnant,first time on clomid.i tried clomid years ago but never worked.then on and off,this time i said thats it last try and hey presto...i hope af dont turn up for you and you get your positive..i hope you got busy during ovulation..ah it will happen now you are o'ing they say 80% of women concieve within the first 3 months of clomid,keep me updated wont you..
Absolutely!  I did get busy during O.  I was on Clomid towards the beginning of the year, and it didn't work.  I think the difference this time is that I gave it to GOD.  I said whatever your will, let it be done!  I meant it to.  Whatever he wants.  My husband was not real fond of us going to a fertility spec., which our appt was "suppose" to be this morning.  Because I O'ed, I got to cancel the appt.  If that is not a sign, then I don't know what is.  How far along are you?  How many mg of Clomid were you on?  I bet you are thrilled.