Question about my sister
My sister is 15 weeks pregnant finally after suffering 2 miscarriages and now shes been told the baby has 1 in 35 chance of having down syndrome. Next week she is having a amnio done and if the results come back showing the baby has downs she is going to abort (i know to some people they will think this is terrible but she already has a son with a rare blistering skin condition that requires alot of her time). Can anyone tell me if she doe abort will she hve to go through an actual labour?
Please all pray fo her she is such a great mother and deserving of a healthy baby.
First thing, the doctor isn't always correct. They think there is a possibility of down syndrome, but that does not mean the baby will absolutely have down syndrome. Just something to think about. The levels of severity in regards to down syndrome also vary greatly. Early intervention for babies/children with down syndrome can make the world of a difference. In general, children with Down syndrome usually meet developmental milestones, but it may take them a little bit longer. There are a lot of misconceptions about down syndrome, so I hope your sister really reads up on the condition. Many people with down syndrome go to mainstream schools, read and write, live with their family or independently, and have jobs. They live fulfilling lives.

If she does abort, she won't go through labor and will have a surgical abortion(D&E). They'll give her something to dilate her cervix and then the baby will be killed and removed.

it depends where she lives as to whether she will have to deliver or a d&c will be performed. I had to deliver my first baby at 16 weeks, as the cut off for d&c where I live was 14 weeks.
I agree with the above post, if it comes back the baby does have downs she needs to research it, it could be a very mild form of downs, if there's no way she could keep it maybe she could consider adoption?
1 in 35 doesn't seem that big of a chance to me. Even then, it's a CHANCE, not a "your baby WILL have this"
Even so, what if they are wrong and nothing is wrong with the baby?
We were just talking in class, how a doctor told a pregnant woman that there was something wrong with her baby, and told her to abort. She did, and there ended up being nothing wrong with the baby.. You can't rely on doctors answers 100% with ANYTHING.

Why not do adoption?
i had that done with my children and was told with all 3 of mine that they were going to have down syndrome because of my age to start with and then because of the m/c i had between my first and second. The test came back positive with all 3. now i have 3 perfectly healthy children. so doctors are wrong all the time
Thanks ladies. We live in New Zealand so i'm not sure when the cut off date is for d&c. She has ben trying for the last 3 years to have a baby and this is the last thing she wants to do if t does come back with a high chance of downs and she does realise there are many different tpes of downs but like i said she already has a 4 year old with a rear blistering skin condition that takes a bit of time each day having to bandage him etc and she doesn't get any support from her useless husband. As for the adoption option i dont think she'd be able t do that either she wouldn't be able to carry this baby for 9 mths and then give it away and in New Zealand it is very hard to adopt babies you never hear of it here as the laws are so tough. If she does have to abort i tell you it will be a very hard decision for her.