Question on 4D ultrasound
Last week a girl in my town had her baby stillborn, because the cord was wrapped around his neck 4 times, so I'm SO worried about that now - and today I went for another ultrasound because last time they couldn't find the nose/lips, so while I was there I asked her if the cord was anywhere near his head, and she said no, it's floating off somewhere else, so I was like okay, that's good - then she turned the ultrasound to 4D so we could get a picture of his face (of course we didn't because he was covering it up! :[ ) and I never noticed the cord or anything near his head but in the picture she printed for me it looks like the cord is RIGHT by his neck, I can't tell if it's the cord or not, so I want your opinions please! Should I be worried?!
Kimberlee, at this point there is no point to worrying about anything, there is absolutely nothing you can do if the baby's cord is wrapped around the neck or if anything else happens.  You need to relax and wait until your baby is born.  You are lucky to have gotten a few ultrasounds but the majority of women only get one.
Just relax, everything should be ok.  
I am so sorry about your friend:( But I have to tell you that the cord being wraped around babys neck is very common and very rarely causes any problems.Babies move all over in your belly and get tangeled in thier cords, there is no way to prevent this. With my 2nd son the cord was wraped around his neck 3 times and he was fine. When in labor your baby is monitered very closely, if he seems in dissress, they will hurry the prosses or do an emergency c-section. They wont just sit around when baby is in dissress trust me. I hope this helps a little, but honestly you will make yourself sick with worrieing about all the stuff that could or could not happen to baby before he is born.
I totally agree with Mumita enjoy the pregnancy and relax!!
I too agree with mumita...
well he had the cord strangle him before she was in labor, and she had an ultrasound and they didn't pick up a heartbeat, and they noticed the cord had strangled him, so they did a c-section on her and removed him, she was due in 4 weeks, so I'm worried about something happening before I go into labor, but I have a doppler so I'll just listen to his heartbeat everyday to reassure me haha - hopefully nothing bad happens!
This seems extremely rare, what happened.  Even if the cord is wrapped around the neck, it wouldn't normally pull _tight_ until the labor/edlivery process.  At that time, like tabby said, the baby is closely monitored and they will do an emergency c/s in neccessary.

It is a very scary thought, and honestly it seems like it would happen more often.  I can see why you are worried, esp. knowing someone who has gone throught that, but in reality it is very unlikely.

Most babies do have the cord wrapped around their neck and it comes unwrapped while in the womb. In the picture, when doing 4D anytime baby moves you'll see weird squiggles because they're in water. That cord-like part could be the cord but it doesn't look like it is wrapped around him, but just sitting near his face.
yeah I'm just going to relaxxx until I have a reason too - I was so worried I didn't even enjoy how ADOREABLE he is! :] I can't wait to see him!
Cord accidents can occur at anytime the baby is in the womb. My son died two weeks ago. It was wrapped around his feet.
im sorry to hear about your friend she must be devistated. but not all children are harmed when the cord is wrapped around the neck. my daughter was born with the cord around her neck twice and she is nearly 2 now. but good luck and im sure everything will be fine
You're working yourself into a panic I believe.  While cord accidents DO happen, they are NOT the norm.  I, myself, have had a stillborn due to a cord related accident.  Out of 6 kids only one had issues with the cord.  *I* was born with the cord wrapped around my neck twice so tight the doc could barely get the forceps inbetween it and my neck...and here I am 30-something years later.  

Babies move aruond the cord is going to constantly change positions.  It's going to be near the head fairly often.  It's when it is LOOPED around the neck or forms a knot in itself or somehow becomes compressed that you have cause to worry.

Take a DEEP breath and try to relax.  I know it's hard to do but remember...when YOU are anxious, nervous, scared and upset...your baby can sense that.  If there was cause for worry your doctors would let you know.  Unless that happens, try to worry less and enjoy your pregnancy more :)
FYI- this is an old post