Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Recurring yeast infection during pregnancy

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

OK in the beginning of April of this year I was 12 weeks pregnant and had some burning and itching in my vaginal area so I went to the Drs. and they said it was a yeast infection and gave me a 3 day cream to take for it and it cleared up. I am now 16 weeks pregnant and the other day the same symptoms came back and I am wondering is it a yeast infection? If so why did it come back again so quick after being cured, I never had that happen before in my life. Last time I had one was 2 years ago. Someone please help me.
HI,
I wouldn't worry too much about this.  It is probably another yeast infection.  It is very common to get multiple yeast infections while pregnant, just for the simple fact that while you are pregnant your hormones are all out of whack.  My cousin is a great example.  With her first pregnancy, she pretty much had a yeast infection the whole time!  No matter how many times she went to get it taken care of it kept coming back!  Don't worry about it, it's normal.  Just make sure that you keep getting them treated.  Good luck!

Tara
A change in diet will help.  Your body is producing too much yeast and it creates an imbalance between the good bacteria in the yeast in your vagina.
If you eat less breads and sugars it will help your body deal better with yeast infections, also drink lots of water and try to avoid anything sweet, cranberry juice is good and milk too.
And last, eat yogurt and try buying AZO YEAST homeopathic pills, its just a bunch of natural herbs but it helps to clear off the burning and itching sensation that happens with yeast infections and it will help regulate the imbalance in your vaginal flora.  Your hormones will start regulating soon, just avoid wearing anything that makes you too hot and sweaty down there and always pee right after sex.
One thing to keep in mind that many people don't know. Men can get yeast infections from us if we BD while having one. They don't get any symptoms so they don't get treated and can reinfect us. Basically it is an overgrowth of the normal amount that we have but when more is introduced BAM it happens again. It is also possible that the 3 day didn't really cure it but made it better enough to relieve symptoms.

To add what Mumita said, make sure that you eat yogurt that has active acidophilus cultures. You can also take acidophilus and it is available at health food stores. This also helps the imbalance.
Eat some yogurt. I got a yeast infection around 6 weeks and it came back once more after that. Apparently if you get it once while pregnant your chances are higher of getting it again. Yogurt once a day can help as well as cutting back on sugars.

Good luck.
LovemyKids86 XF!!! Comment
1 hr ago
KeeLolo, and KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
hansen20 commented on Baby Noah!!
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy