Rogam shots...
I got pregnant twice by my ex husband, one ended  in misscarriage and in march we lost our 3 yr old. Any who..me and my new husband are TTC and with my ex i had to get rogam shots when i was pregnant. Does that apply to this realtionship?? Or was that jus a thing with my ex?
I also need rhogam while pregnant. All Rh- women have to have that shot with every pregnancy or miscarriage not just one. If you do not receive the shot your body could develop antibodies that attack a future fetus. The shot is made to prevent this from happening should your blood and the baby's blood mix at any point during pregnancy. hope this helps.
Most RH- women need the shot. I believe that if your boyfriend had a negative blood type your baby would automatically have a - blood type so you wouldnt need one. This is very rare though. The doctors wont tell you that though because they cant assume that your boyfriend is actually the father.

But yes, they will tell you to get one no matter what.
where can i find more info on RH- women??
My best friend is RH- and she has to get the shot every time she is pregnant no matter who the father is.
And can that cause problems to the baby if the baby doesnt need the rogam shot? is there any side effect? my 3 yr old had alot of medical issues and i would hate for another child to go through wat lacy did
Well first you need to determine your blood type and your partners. If you're RH negative, and he's positive (which is likely since most of the world is) you'll need the shot anytime you bleed, at 28 weeks and at delivery. If you're both negative, there's no need for it since baby will be negative as well. If you're both positive, there's no need to get the shot. It's just a concern if the babies blood mixes with yours (and this is if you're RH negative and your partner is positive) you build up antibodies. These then start to attack the baby, which can cause problems such as anemia and also miscarriage. You want to avoid getting these antibodies, because once they're produced there is no way to get rid of them. Generally it's not a concern for a first time mother, but in later pregnancies it can be. This is why it's important to get the shot anytime you have any form of bleeding, birth, abortion, or miscarriage.

I don't know if it would cause problems to baby or not if the shot was not necessary, but I've never heard of cases where it's given and not needed. It's only done if you're RH negative and your partner is positive.
THANKS FOR THE IMPUT GUYS  :)