SHORT FEMURS NOTED IN ULTRASOUND
I am a mom to 4 wonderful girls ... (ages 10, 8, 21 months - and another is on the way  (due date 10-22-08))...  I'm 32... ...  I've had pre eclampsia with all 4 pregnancies... as well as horrible morning sickness... and gestational diabetes with them all too...    I'm currently (as of Aug 17th)  30 1/2 weeks along with this pregnancy..  my gestational diabetes is worse this time..  I'm on glyburide and watching my sugars very very closely...   I've gotten past the morning sickness stage THANK GOD... and I'm looking to find answers to a few questions I have.    At 26 weeks gestation, I had an ultrasound.  They noted that my baby had "short femurs".   They based this on the BiPariatel Diameter Ratio...  they said 70 was the low end of normal...  my baby measured at 67.   They did a repeat ultrasound at 28 weeks -  and found the same -  only this time, we measured 69.   They noted NOTHING else out of the ordinary - but scheduled me for a Level II ultrasound which I had done at 29 weeks.  At that ultrasound - the specialist and doctor spoke with me afterwards.  They said that other than having a bit shorter femurs, nothing else was out of the ordinary...  They told me that they don't use the BPD ratio when they look for things "wrong" with femurs -  and that unless a baby has femurs that measure in the 5th percentile they really don't worry.  We measured in the 9th to 10th percentile.    

Of course as a mom -  I'm still worried...  my doctor said not to worry -  this thing happens... yada yada yada...   I didn't have the triple screen done with this pregnancy  (odd... it was the ONLY pregnancy I didn't have one done with).  I have never carried a baby past 34 weeks as a result of having preeclampsia -  so I'm not going to risk anything and have an amnio done at this point.

Is it ever "normal" to have short femurs??
not sure about short femers but if the doc says not to worry then i wouldnt worry about it. You baby may just be a small baby.